HOY mga pasaway !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim:
Actually there wasn't really a discussion between us. I sent him a PM telling him about the idea and asking him to put up a thread to get a name. Maybe he didn't quite post all of the information in the first place, but it was certainly no conspiracy. Now Headhunter (who thought this all up) has posted a complete version of what is planned.
We picked the PPD forum because it's the most developed of the forums where language is at all an issue. For instance the Zen Divers forum might in the future also need something similar if we ended up with a lot of Japanese members. Right now though almost everyone there are ex-pats like myself so it's all in English. If people started up in Japanese though there would be VERY few people who would understand a word - including me! In fact most people probably wouldn't even have the computer scripts and fonts installed to even be able to see the Kanji etc. If we ever ended up with Dutch/Spanish/Thai.....whatever clubs, they will probably be created from the beginning using the format being piloted here once we can see that the idea works and gives everyone what they want - i.e. an accessable section that everyone can understand from around the world, and a section that people can use whatever language they want without anyone moaning about it.
i know this will get me a british slap on the wrist but i just can't keep it in...

will there be a korean diver subforum? i'll join!

ok ok i know i'm bad...

Jag

jonix:
@headhunter: kelp forest? -- would that be like Harry Potter diving? :D
when you visit the PI be sure to advise us so we can arrange a Dive O Rama & San Migs.

exactly.

@moonie: what the heck is "betamax"?

@ben: of course we'll treat our guests to those fear factor types hehehehehe
kelp forest: yes like harry potter... they don't really have coral reefs in california so have to make do with lots of tall seaweed... but what's cool i think is that they get sea lions swimming there... that must rock

betamax: coagulated cattle blood... considered ritually unclean by most orthodox religions

Jag

headhunter:
When you make it to the kelp forest, there are a bunch of us that would be happy to show you around! To me, this is the real power of ScubaBoard. Someday you'll be able to go anywhere in the world and get together with people that you meet here. Nothing compares to getting shown around by the locals!

Christian
Hey headhunter,
I can certainly relate to what you're saying. I was one of the visiting Texans who attended the Wrinkles BBQ in June. I dont think I would've met any of the SoCal divers if it werent for ScubaBoard.

Enrique

Ben_ca:
As far as local BBQ goes make sure to ask for the exotic stuff...

Addidas
Helmet
Sintas (Shoelaces)

What else did I miss?
Sintas? Not sure I'd like to try that :) Oh, how about wavelength.

subzero:
Hey headhunter,
I can certainly relate to what you're saying. I was one of the visiting Texans who attended the Wrinkles BBQ in June. I dont think I would've met any of the SoCal divers if it werent for ScubaBoard.

Enrique
Hi Enrique,

See what a small world it really is!

You've seen what I'm talking about first hand. It was great meeting you and your buddies from Texas. That was a fun night dive we did!

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom