HOY mga pasaway !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson:
You don't have to worry a bit. I was just ribbing Paolov for not posting all the details which you and him may have already discussed about prior to his post on this new "sub-forum".

If I may ask, Why did you and co. picked the PPD for this pilot test?
Actually there wasn't really a discussion between us. I sent him a PM telling him about the idea and asking him to put up a thread to get a name. Maybe he didn't quite post all of the information in the first place, but it was certainly no conspiracy. Now Headhunter (who thought this all up) has posted a complete version of what is planned.
We picked the PPD forum because it's the most developed of the forums where language is at all an issue. For instance the Zen Divers forum might in the future also need something similar if we ended up with a lot of Japanese members. Right now though almost everyone there are ex-pats like myself so it's all in English. If people started up in Japanese though there would be VERY few people who would understand a word - including me! In fact most people probably wouldn't even have the computer scripts and fonts installed to even be able to see the Kanji etc. If we ever ended up with Dutch/Spanish/Thai.....whatever clubs, they will probably be created from the beginning using the format being piloted here once we can see that the idea works and gives everyone what they want - i.e. an accessable section that everyone can understand from around the world, and a section that people can use whatever language they want without anyone moaning about it.

paolov:
bacause we are the most Pasaway group in SB !!!!!

and i think it is more on the emphasis on GROUP. it seems we are a cohesive group that has formed from SB and it would be nice if the cohesion could be cloned in other areas where they would do regular DOR* of their own.

can you guys give insight into how we organize DORs, pls give historical data to this.

* DOR : Dive-O-Rama
They'll have this pilot tested and probably issue a new TOS because of the pasaways.

But I know this sub-forum would be ok for us, I just don't know for the other SB members though (non-pinoy).

Ben_ca:
11. Nipa Hut ?

hey thanks Ben for the nomination for the name,

now this thread is really for getting nominations for the name for the sub-forum. and the thread on why this is happening will be permitted here in this thread. hehhehehehehe

clgsamson:
But I know this sub-forum would be ok for us, I just don't know for the other SB members though (non-pinoy).
Caloy...that's the point! The sub-forum IS meant more for the regular members than for the whole board - that's why it will be 'opt-in'. There will be no restrictions on WHO can opt-in but they will have to CHOOSE to do so, and therefore can't complain after the fact that they can't follow what is going on or it seems unfriendly or whatever. The public face of the PPD will still be the main forum, which as it becomes only English also will remove any idea of 'unfriendliness' or 'exclusion'.

clgsamson:
We'll give it our best shot. To be honest and be candid about it, this pilot will work, it is our way, we are pasaway. Maraming Salamat Kim.

agree !!! after all we are a versatile bunch and i have a lot of faith in the group that they may find creative ways to make it something..... ehhehehehehe

paolov:
agree !!! after all we are a versatile bunch and i have a lot of faith in the group that they may find creative ways to make it something..... ehhehehehehe
Which is another good reason to try it with you guys first! :D

clgsamson:
We'll give it our best shot. To be honest and be candid about it, this pilot will work, it is our way, we are pasaway. Maraming Salamat Kim.

i agree with caloy, humor is one thing that we have in abundance. a trait that can easily make any thread very lively...that's us really and we can't change that hehehehe

hopefully, those who will follow the format soon to be set based on the PPD will enjoy the board more for having new dive buddies and learning than flaming or bickering on dive related issues.

jonix:
hopefully, those who will follow the format soon to be set based on the PPD will enjoy the board more for having new dive buddies and learning than flaming or bickering on dive related issues.
Besides the issue of a language other than English, the rest of what you mention is already successfully taking place in the SoCal forum. We don't see any flaming or bickering there and everyone is very friendly and open to having new people join the group. I'm sure that there are other regional forums that are also all about getting together and diving and making new friends, but the SoCal forum is the one that I've based this new model on.

Once you have selected a name for your new subforum, I'll get it all set up for you. It will probaby be after this weekend because I'll be getting together with a bunch of ScubaBoard members for our monthly beach dive and BBQ.

I'm very excited about the PPD forum making ScubaBoard history with the new subforum for a language other than English. This means that people in your local area that don't even speak English would now be able to join in the local fun and communicate with all of you here on the board. This expands the number of people that can participate locally.

Christian

Back
Top Bottom