Huh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Detonate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Where did my post get moved to, and why can't I access it?

:06:

Apparently Scubaboard would like me to pay for advertising for letting local divers know about deals at dive shop I do not own, nor do I get paid by.

:censored: :banghead:

Detonate:
Apparently Scubaboard would like me to pay for advertising for letting local divers know about deals at dive shop I do not own, nor do I get paid by.

:censored: :banghead:

Detonate,

It would appear that you are extremely generous....Reference is made to your flaming signature line with a direct pathway to a business' web site, compounded with your profession, as stated in your profile, as an internet engineer.

Yes, the board should be applauded for attempting to chanalize commercial or "perceived" commercial endeavors to specific areas on Scuba Board. But then on the oter hand, there are moderators and supervisors that are doing the same thing. Go figure. Maybe some overall modifications should be considered??

Regards,

Detonate, if you have questions pertaining to a post, your best course of action is to PM any Moderator instead of complaining in the public forums where others know no more than you do. It serves to do nothing more than inflame any situation.

I'm not sure which post you're referring to but I'll look into it and we'll discuss it via PM's.

Dee:
Detonate, if you have questions pertaining to a post, your best course of action is to PM any Moderator instead of complaining in the public forums where others know no more than you do. It serves to do nothing more than inflame any situation.

I'm not sure which post you're referring to but I'll look into it and we'll discuss it via PM's.
Someone did contact me, and I asked him the same thing I just PM'd you. However, I recieved no reply from him, so yes, I'm making it public, as actions around here seem to be bias'd.

Someone linking to a good deal on Amazon is acceptable, however, telling people about a cool event at a shop where there are deals, and reps, and free food, and just all around good times for people seems to be out of context. Which is just BS.

Now I'm being accused of "pushing" ScubaToys to hard. I mean come on. I dare someone to do a Search for ScubaToys and my Username.

You'll find ONE thread.
Here it is.

Yep, I sure am pushing them hard.

Your post was moved to the Business2Business forum. You have been pushing ScubaToys to the point that it's being taking as advertising, whether you have any connections to the store or not. Members are complaining Hmmmm, dive shop owners maybe? Why anyone would complain about being notified of a sale is beyond me. which prompted us to take this action. Continuing to post in this manner will result in the post being moved out of sight. While we all enjoy kowing about good dive shops in our area, an occasional simple "Hey check out the deals I saw at Scubatoys" in a post will suffice.

Also your signature link needs to be changed. As it is it's way to large and distracting. If you'll read the TOS, you'll see that a simple link to your website is allowed in your signature, not the large graphic you are currently using. The Moderator who moved your thread was supposed to have notified you of this and the moved thread. So I'm asking you now to replace it with a simple link or a Supervisor will do it for you.

By the way, could someone please point me to the TOS? I guess I need to read the fine print on what exactly is acceptable on these forums..... :yleyes:

Cudabait:
It would appear that you are extremely generous....Reference is made to your flaming signature line with a direct pathway to a business' web site, compounded with your profession, as stated in your profile, as an internet engineer.
I work for EDS as an Internet Enginerr for Sabre and Travelocity.com. I hardly see what that has to do with this subject?

If you are reffering to "Red Reef Scuba", well that is my toy. Hardly a business. It's a website I've started to host photo's while I work on getting my Instructor certification, and a method for students I work with to get ahold of photo's, or to stay in touch with us. The link to ScubaToys from my personal website, is becuase that is where I shop.

I still fail to see how me telling people I know about a deal that is coming up would be ill recieved by members of the forums.

I would certainly hope that anyone with similar information would share it as well. Isn't that what a forum community if for?

And as for the accusations of me "pushing" a paticular dive shop too "hard". Again, I'd love to see evidence of this. I'm pretty insulted by that statment. I don't push anything, and I always try to point people to what is best for them, not what is best for me. I have nothing to gain, so why would I do anything else?

I checked out your website and it appears you teach at Scubatoys. Is that true? Just wondering ........

And I noticed it said under the portion if you wanna help me with my website costs you can buy things via the link to Scubatoys.com. Do you get a commission? Then it would be advertising and there for justifies the move.

Debraw:
I checked out your website and it appears you teach at Scubatoys. Is that true? Just wondering ........
No, I'm not an instructor. I'm a voulenteer Divemaster for Greg Gebhardt, who teaches at ScubaToys.
Debraw:
And I noticed it said under the portion if you wanna help me with my website costs you can buy things via the link to Scubatoys.com. Do you get a commission? Then it would be advertising and there for justifies the move.
If something were purchased from them directly from my website, I would earn a commision via their Affiliate program. However, that is not at all what my post was about. It was a mention of their Grand Openening which I would not benefit at all from, and a link to some pictures of the 1310 Sports Radio Ticket Chicks I took. :eyebrow:

At any rate I just got back into town and I had a PM from one of the moderators explaining what the confusion was. Apparently I just picked a bad time to be posting what I posted.

Maybe it was just too much all at one time. No problem here.....if I had two cents. LOL! I know Greg very well, great guy. We must say hi the next time you are at a lake when we are out there. I wear a TUSA Imprex Pro now because of Greg. He let me test dive it one weekend at the lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom