Hybrid BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m3830431:
:06: I don't like the squeeze of the traditional jacket and don't believe I need the BP/W set up. I like the option of not having to swim on you back if you are a long distance from the pick up and it is easier to keep your face lower in the water.

While not the ocean Lake Michigan does have a few larger breakers.

I am originally from Michigan and Lake Mich. has more than a few large breakers, but that is beside the point.

I would recommend the sea-quest balance or pro QD+. the balance is a true back inflation but does not push you forward if you have the weight correct. I use the QD+ and love it. Absolutely zero squeeze even in a 7mm john/jacket. I would not recommend the fusion it really looks like an overpriced accident waiting to happen.

Thanks for the info all. I looked at Triple L's and I feel life is to short to rely on a cheaper life support system. I understand that all are probaly somewhat made in asia and Triple L is a French company.

However, 1) no service here and 2) you get what you pay for. I never saw one and they may be the best made in the world but I don't trust really cheap.

Personally, I am a BP+W diver, but my wife has the SeaQuest Libra, which is essentially the women's version of the SeaQuest Balance.

The Balance is a great BC. It performs well, is very durable, and packs acceptably. If I were to get a regular back-inflate BC for myself, the Balance would be it. The wife has been extremely happy with it.

Have you done a dive with any of your potential BC's? That will probably help make the decision easier.

Happy hunting,
Mike

Though I have switched to BP+Wing setup, I agree with previous poster regarding SeaQuest ProQD+. If you are considering a jacket style, should consider it.

I understand that SeaQuest Fusion is priced much higher than Balance (Balance being about 2/3 the price of Fusion) in my market (since you said cost if s factor). Balance is recommended by the dive shop with respect to its price, compact-ness, and performance.

Not to mention it is one of the most low profile jackets on the market. The new balance tok on alot of ranger qualities wich paved the way for the Black Diamond. Now that is a bcd for ya!! As a proud owner of one it takes backinflation to another level.

I have a fusion and really like it, i highly recomend it.

mikeloyco:
Personally, I am a BP+W diver, but my wife has the SeaQuest Libra, which is essentially the women's version of the SeaQuest Balance.

The Balance is a great BC. It performs well, is very durable, and packs acceptably. If I were to get a regular back-inflate BC for myself, the Balance would be it. The wife has been extremely happy with it.

Have you done a dive with any of your potential BC's? That will probably help make the decision easier.

Happy hunting,
Mike
Couldn't agree more and so does my wife. Same situation as Mike.

wunat:
Though I have switched to BP+Wing setup, I agree with previous poster regarding SeaQuest ProQD+. If you are considering a jacket style, should consider it.

I understand that SeaQuest Fusion is priced much higher than Balance (Balance being about 2/3 the price of Fusion) in my market (since you said cost if s factor). Balance is recommended by the dive shop with respect to its price, compact-ness, and performance.

I found the Fusion to be several Hundred dollars more in this market area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom