Hyperstretch Boots Heads Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walt williams

Registered
Reaction score
Was anxiously awaiting my size twelve 5mm Hyperstretch boots to replace my now 12 year old very ragged pull-ons. The boots are great, fit well, BUT won't fit in the foot pocket of my fins. the soles are super rigid. Sad to say, they need to go back to LP.

I have size ten boots with a rigid sole, and they fit quite well in my XL fins....

Not sure what size fins you have.

--Sean

I have older Mares Plana Avanti -- Large. I wear a 12 EEEE. My old boots are beat up, and have probably compressed and become thin, and they have pretty thin, flat soles. So they work fine.

The Hyperstretch soles are not only very rigid, but are, literally, about an inch and a quarter thick. For me, a bit of overkill, I guess, unless you plan to walk over a bed of urchins!

walt williams once bubbled...
I have older Mares Plana Avanti -- Large. I wear a 12 EEEE. My old boots are beat up, and have probably compressed and become thin, and they have pretty thin, flat soles. So they work fine.

The Hyperstretch soles are not only very rigid, but are, literally, about an inch and a quarter thick. For me, a bit of overkill, I guess, unless you plan to walk over a bed of urchins!

How about new fins instead? :)

now, there's a thought. And, I guess there are a lot of higher tech fins out there. But, I guess I'm one of those people who has a hard time justifying getting something new unless it's absolutely necessary.

Tough decision -- I don't want zippered boots and I have hard feet to fit, so it makes it hard to find something just right.

I had the same problem.

Two things will work.

One, you can, with your boots off your feet, put your boot in the fin pocket and knock it into the pocket and then slide your foot into the boot.

Secondly, you can spray the crap out of your boot and the pocket of your fin with spary silicone, this will get rid of the friction that keeps the boot from sliding all the way into the pocket. This works great but you have to recoat every couple of dives.

Someone else, in another thread, mentioned that you can also widen the pocket some by beating in a wooden block or wedge into the pocket with a hammer.

I use Armour All with my Jetfins and drysuit boots. It Lasts about 8 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom