I am officially a PADI OW Certified Diver!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

230523_467542573286420_318940533_n.jpg

The 3/2 wet suit and the rash guard I'm wearing underneath adds like 30lbs.!!!!!!!

Congratulations! In addition to being able to get air fills and rent SCUBA gear, you are now ready to dive with lots of interesting people. If you make it out to Santa Cruz or Monterey CA, give me a shout, we'll find some water to explore.

Also, you are now fully qualified to post replies on scubaboard... just like all the other folks here :') We are a fun loving lot and always happy to discuss safety and best practices. This is a very good place to learn. Maintain your sense of humor and never let our enthusiasm for safety dissuade you from taking additional training and expanding your skills.

Welcome to team SCUBA! We are glad to have you.

The visibility definitely sucked, but I think it better prepared me for clear water diving down in Mexico or the Caribbean. I think the fact that I was in a lake also helped, so I didn't have a fear of a shark or whale popping out of nowhere.

Oh man... you mean if you didn't have a fear of being so lucky lol... Big sharks and whales don't just pop up out of nowhere by the way. Had a few reef sharks in the water with me when I certified, it was awesome :). Hawaii Honu are cool as **** too. Happy diving!

What you do is irrelevant. Your profile says nothing about being an instructor. Therefore I doubt you are familiar with the requirement for direct supervision. Leading less experienced divers in no way relates to leaving as yet uncertified divers on the bottom without a certified assistant or another instructor. It is a very serious violation of standards and a damn good way to end with an injured or worse student. Which is why it is prohibited. If the student cannot see the instructor then the instructor cannot see them.

Again a very serious violation of standards and damn poor judgment on the part of the instructors. I'd never let anyone I cared about train with them based on this alone.
Isn't this almost exactly how the double fatality of Boy Scouts occurred? In Utah, if I remember right.

Congratulations! In addition to being able to get air fills and rent SCUBA gear, you are now ready to dive with lots of interesting people. If you make it out to Santa Cruz or Monterey CA, give me a shout, we'll find some water to explore.

Also, you are now fully qualified to post replies on scubaboard... just like all the other folks here :') We are a fun loving lot and always happy to discuss safety and best practices. This is a very good place to learn. Maintain your sense of humor and never let our enthusiasm for safety dissuade you from taking additional training and expanding your skills.

Welcome to team SCUBA! We are glad to have you.

Thanks Ant!

My first goal is to reach AOW after 25-30 dives. I want to do wreck's as part of my first goal. My main goal is to do caves within a year or two, or whenever my skill level feels appropriate.

congrats, dont stop @ AOW either, aim for rescue diver at least, which im learning is a very very helpful cert... im planning to stop @ rescue

Isn't this almost exactly how the double fatality of Boy Scouts occurred? In Utah, if I remember right.

Yep, you are correct. Left alone on the bottom while instructor took another student to the surface. Came back and they were gone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds Like an interesting and fun weekend!!!!! I hope all the standards violation chatter does not detract from your experience.... Just be careful diving while congested!!!!!!!!!

I hope you get to experience lots of local diving as well as take some great warm water trips.... I have done lots of both and really, really enjoy the warm water..... However, everything you learn locally can easily be applied when you go to warm water destinations..

Cheers,
Roger

Last edited:
Conrgrats - now be a good diver and dive safe.

Sounds Like an interesting and fun weekend!!!!! I hope all the standards violation chatter does not detract from your experience.... Just be careful diving while congested!!!!!!!!!

I hope you get to experience lots of local diving as well as take some great warm water trips.... I have done lots of both and really, really enjoy the warm water..... However, everything you learn locally can easily be applied when you go to warm water destinations..

Cheers,
Roger

Thank You Roger!

I went and saw my doctor yesterday, and she thinks it's just really bad allergies. I'm using some over the counter stuff to get cleared up. If it works, I will know what to do before a dive.

I definitely plan to dive locally. As much water time as I can get; the better!! I do plan to head south as often as I can to dive the clear water as well.

Back
Top Bottom