I don't have a New Year's trip planned yet! Any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jen:

I to am looking for a dive trip/ New Year's bash trip.

The only thing that I've found and am considering is a Windjammer Barefoot Cruise. It's advertized as a diver friendly tall ship. It's the Legacy out of St.Thomas. I've never dived in the Virgin Islands.

I'm going to post a subject to see if anyone has taken this cruise.

Good Luck.

Bob

I like their approach, and I did several on the Polynesia Party Boat - 5 or 6, getting hooked on Scuba on a resort dive. On the last one, though, I only got 5 dives in a 6 day cruise. I cannot justify that much non-diving time on an ocean trip!

New Years Eve is a Wednesday, and I'm sure that week will be really dull in my office. I'd love to get away Friday, the 26th, or Saturday for a few days diving with SB folks. :partyon: :tree:

And I promise to behave...! :badmoon:

don

It's a decent enough place, but on New Years there is NOTHING going on. The locals take time off to celebrate and shoot fireworks leaving very little nightlife on New Year's Eve.

Lemme know if you figure out a place to go...I might be in since I have no plans.

Something for everyone: Shallow reefs for newies, ariticial wrecks for deep divers. Should be a good place to bring in a year, too.

Of course, we'd it'd be difficult to agree on a Operator, as there are so many good ones there. I heard that Tavaneir Dive Center recently acquired a number of 100 cu ft Nitrox tanks for their wreck divers, and they have a second boat for alternmate trips.

The Hungry Pelcian is really a cute place - economical, right on the bay, corny, central to Tavaneir and K-Largo, not for from the Mids. She cuts me 20% off on room rates.

Any chance at all in getting this organized, or just good talking fodder...?

don

I've been to Key Largo for NYE a couple of times. A group from Southern Indiana Scuba goes and stays at the dorm above Quiescence. I thought about using this as my 'backup' plan if nothing else comes along. However, I like the idea of staying somewhere besides the Quiescence dorm!!

O-ring once bubbled...
It's a decent enough place, but on New Years there is NOTHING going on. The locals take time off to celebrate and shoot fireworks leaving very little nightlife on New Year's Eve.

Lemme know if you figure out a place to go...I might be in since I have no plans.

I spent last NYE in Bonaire. True..the town was dead and all, but I'm not looking for a party place. Just great diving, some warmth and if possible some other divers around....

hydrophilicity once bubbled...

I spent last NYE in Bonaire. True..the town was dead and all, but I'm not looking for a party place. Just great diving, some warmth and if possible some other divers around....
I spent last NYE in Bonaire too..

well its looking like there going to be a group of divers from texas heading to florida the week after christmas to dive and have some fun.

Check the texas swamp divers forum for details on the trip. the more the better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom