I don't think so Pro Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, if no ScubaBoarders want to go, I KNOW my Kayuba pals will make a giant stride into this deal.

First come, first dive, y'all!

I wish Jupiter Dive Center and Emerald would read this thread and start sending out some PM's along the lines of Pro Diver.......

'Cmon Gerry and Randy - I'm waiting and I still have space in my mailbox!

I'll send her a PM. I am reserved for two spots and two Nitrox tanks. Brian, you aren't on the manifest yet...

I wish Jupiter Dive Center and Emerald would read this thread and start sending out some PM's along the lines of Pro Diver.......

'Cmon Gerry and Randy - I'm waiting and I still have space in my mailbox!
I'm cleaning my PM box out RIGHT NOW in anticipation of a flood of cool dive deal "spams"! :D

I did not get the "deal" everyone is talking about. Since no-one has said what they were offered, I called the shop and asked how I could get it. The bad news is I can't... The good news for those that got it, it is not a prank. If you want to get the deal, fine. If you don't, you don't have to use it.

This is what I was told.

1. Only a few specific contributers who participated in recent discussions about experiences on local dive ops were invited to bring a buddy and experience their new dive operation for almost nothing (essentially cost).

2. This was not a general solicitation of business and only the people who's posts they specifically responded to get it. Apparently they care what we think, want some of us to experience their service and know enough to tell others whether they are as good as they think or just plain suck.

Given that they only sent the offer to those of you with more and better postings than me on a very specific topic, I hardly consider this to be spam or an abuse of some great moral standard or highly charished public trust.

P.S. If anyone reading this post wants to invite me to try their boat or equipment essentially for free, please don't hesitate to email me... I'll take the deal!

So Pro dive didnt SPAM anyone, but sent a pretty cool hook-up to a few people???

I hope the OP and a few other will step up and offer up an apology, and that the mods will either change the title of this thread and/or delete it.

So Pro dive didnt SPAM anyone, but sent a pretty cool hook-up to a few people???

I hope the OP and a few other will step up and offer up an apology, and that the mods will either change the title of this thread and/or delete it.
Why?

He received unsolicited and undesired SPAM messaging (in the form of a commercial ad) posted to his "Personal Messaging" allocated space that was in violation of ScubaBoard's TOS

Just because some chose to respond to the SPAM doesn't make it any less a TOS violation or any more desirable to the OP

SPAM  /spaem/ noun, verb, spammed, spam-ming.

- noun
2.Unsolicited message esp. commercial message posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail.

"I hope the OP and a few other will step up and offer up an apology, and that the mods will either change the title of this thread and/or delete it."

Not holding my breath on either......

"I hope the OP and a few other will step up and offer up an apology, and that the mods will either change the title of this thread and/or delete it."

Not holding my breath on either......
Read the post just above yours. Same question applies

I'm sure everyone that got the offer, will get unlimited comp dives for every dive trip they set up with Pro Diver as well. As long as the rest of the divers in the group get a decent rate, I've no problem with that. Of course, I'd pass on the freebie and split the savings with everyone diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom