I don't think so Pro Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Then, you are only deciding what SPAM you deem worthy of your attention. Both offers were legitimate and both offers were sent unsolicited from commercial enterprises. You simply decided that you might be interested in one SPAM over another."

You know, pretty much - like beauty, SPAM is in the eye of the beholder; that offer for the free dance lessons - SPAM - the free dive - Wonderful! -
BTW, did I mention I was mad I did not get the PM in question?

Its all good - take care, be well, and see you diving!
Yep, I'm sure we'll dive together again!

The other part about me being a technician that deals with work servers and SPAM... no big deal... :wink:

Jim,

What you posted is NOT the definition of SPAM. This is generally considered "it":
The Spamhaus Project - The Definition Of Spam
It's recognized by the US, Canada, and most countries in Europe as "the" definition.

Familiarize yourself with UBE (unsolicited bulk email).

The consent component was violated but the bulk requirement was not.
Scubaboard TOS violation? Yep. Is the sender sorry she made a mistake and apologetic she sent the PMs? Yep. (she sent that to me in PM that I won't post here but have fwd'd to proper folks in charge here)

We might have had another dive op contributing to Scubaboard and giving us good deals all the time but the Scubaboard lynch mob has already made her rethink that idea.

We might have had another dive op contributing to Scubaboard and giving us good deals all the time but the Scubaboard lynch mob has already made her rethink that idea.
Well, how sucky is that? I hope she rethinks that and sends the deal to those of us who have opted in. :blinking:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

g'day divers.....

are you aware that there is now a "report" button in the pm's section? Top right hand side under the "logout" button

i have asked for the pm to be forwarded to me so i can see what the fuss is about but havent received it yet

in the meantime, we cannot agree on everything all of the time but i ask you to accept other peoples opinion and agree to disagree if need be

cheers

Jim,

What you posted is NOT the definition of SPAM. This is generally considered "it":
The Spamhaus Project - The Definition Of Spam
It's recognized by the US, Canada, and most countries in Europe as "the" definition.

Familiarize yourself with UBE (unsolicited bulk email).

The consent component was violated but the bulk requirement was not.
Scubaboard TOS violation? Yep. Is the sender sorry she made a mistake and apologetic she sent the PMs? Yep. (she sent that to me in PM that I won't post here but have fwd'd to proper folks in charge here)

OMG, it's like a spamhouse project.... lmfao

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

g'day divers.....

are you aware that there is now a "report" button in the pm's section? Top right hand side under the "logout" button

i have asked for the pm to be forwarded to me so i can see what the fuss is about but havent received it yet

in the meantime, we cannot agree on everything all of the time but i ask you to accept other peoples opinion and agree to disagree if need be

cheers

Well that's the humorous thing Almity, most of the people up in arms over this haven't even seen the PM and most of those who have see no problem with it. It's all good folks, I'm happy to report I am suffering no traumatic repercussions from receiving "The PM".

first of all, i take being a moron to a new high

second of all, i didn't get the PM

fourth of all ... er ... no

fifth of all, i'd like to get the PM because it would tell me i am important and someone covets my money

fourth of all, i take offense to everything that's been written in this thread (except this post)

and third and finally, dogs like me and chicks dig me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom