I don't think so Pro Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just maybe they had a target audience.......
I'm sure Mike_S realizes he got the PM because he's been posting a lot in the Vandenberg sinking thread and he has a nondescript location on his profile.

Besides, this topic affects you how??
You're a long way from the Los Angeles section of the board aren't you. :confused:

For crying out loud people, if you don't want to dive for less than half price, delete Pro Dive's PM if you received it and move along. :shakehead:

Pretty terrible logic on your part. It affects me directly if your promotion of PM spam leads to CA boats pulling this same crap. It's clearly against the TOS. I don't care what region you're in, if you're a commercial operator, simply post your specials where they belong. We can all then choose to see them if we want. It's idiotic to promote this approach as (again) it doesn't scale. If every boat operator, manufacturer, and dive shop sent daily PMs, no matter how good the deals, our inboxes would be over-filled. Why should one operator be allowed to do this? Sorry if you're still confused. :shakehead:

Pretty terrible logic on your part. It affects me directly if your promotion of PM spam leads to CA boats pulling this same crap. It's clearly against the TOS. I don't care what region you're in, if you're a commercial operator, simply post your specials where they belong. We can all then choose to see them if we want. It's idiotic to promote this approach as (again) it doesn't scale. If every boat operator, manufacturer, and dive shop sent daily PMs, no matter how good the deals, our inboxes would be over-filled. Why should one operator be allowed to do this? Sorry if you're still confused. :shakehead:

Idiotic huh? They certainly got you to contribute to keeping the thread alive.:wink:

I did not get the "deal" everyone is talking about. Since no-one has said what they were offered, I called the shop and asked how I could get it. The bad news is I can't... The good news for those that got it, it is not a prank. If you want to get the deal, fine. If you don't, you don't have to use it.

This is what I was told.

1. Only a few specific contributers who participated in recent discussions about experiences on local dive ops were invited to bring a buddy and experience their new dive operation for almost nothing (essentially cost).

2. This was not a general solicitation of business and only the people who's posts they specifically responded to get it. Apparently they care what we think, want some of us to experience their service and know enough to tell others whether they are as good as they think or just plain suck.

Given that they only sent the offer to those of you with more and better postings than me on a very specific topic, I hardly consider this to be spam or an abuse of some great moral standard or highly charished public trust.

P.S. If anyone reading this post wants to invite me to try their boat or equipment essentially for free, please don't hesitate to email me... I'll take the deal!

The bottom line is you and I will be (boat) diving the Rodeo 25 for cheap while the asshats argue about what constitutes spam. :wink:

The moral of this story....

don_t_be_an_asshat__by_robert.jpg

I did not get the "deal" everyone is talking about. Since no-one has said what they were offered, I called the shop and asked how I could get it. The bad news is I can't... The good news for those that got it, it is not a prank. If you want to get the deal, fine. If you don't, you don't have to use it.

This is what I was told.

1. Only a few specific contributers who participated in recent discussions about experiences on local dive ops were invited to bring a buddy and experience their new dive operation for almost nothing (essentially cost).

2. This was not a general solicitation of business and only the people who's posts they specifically responded to get it. Apparently they care what we think, want some of us to experience their service and know enough to tell others whether they are as good as they think or just plain suck.

Given that they only sent the offer to those of you with more and better postings than me on a very specific topic, I hardly consider this to be spam or an abuse of some great moral standard or highly charished public trust.

P.S. If anyone reading this post wants to invite me to try their boat or equipment essentially for free, please don't hesitate to email me... I'll take the deal!

And you've got a PM :)

The bottom line is you and I will be (boat) diving the Rodeo 25 for cheap while the asshats argue about what constitutes spam. :wink:
Bri, do they have room for me and a guest this Sunday?

Who would like to be my guest and dive Pro Diver for HALF price?

Bri, do they have room for me and a guest this Sunday?

Who would like to be my guest and dive Pro Diver for HALF price?

I just reserved a couple of spots Debby, give them a call. It's shaping up to be a pretty good crew.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom