? I don't think these people have a clue. ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I don't think they could even buy a clue. lol Public Safety Driver.

Gary, I thought you did all that high speed driving and jumped out of hoovercraft? There were even rumors that you taught a PSD class on how to drive a car and shoot a gun at the same time without shooting up the windshield. :wink:

do it easy:
Gary, I thought you did all that high speed driving and jumped out of hoovercraft? There were even rumors that you taught a PSD class on how to drive a car and shoot a gun at the same time without shooting up the windshield. :wink:
Yup, Now that I'm offically 60 it will be Driving Miss Daisey and breaking a hip falling off a Hoveround while shooting the bad guy in the mirror. :D

Pay backs are in order. :D

Gary D.

All I can say is.....WOW!!! But seeing the mentality of our latest batch of Deputy Sheriff recruits, it should not surprise me. They want all the glamor(if there is any) without any dirty work......Cigarette boats, bikini clad models..... Wow!!! :11:

james croft:
It's all about the patches...

anyone know where i can get " a really cool patch for SAR hovercraft drivers"? :rofl3:

When they get to the scene a boat load of puppies could have collided with a boat being used for a super model bikini photo shoot....

And I thought all the video was destroyed from that rescue call!!!!!

Yotsie's saying pretty much sums things up:
Body recoveries are like kissing your Aunt. You don't really want to do it, but inside you know it's the right thing to do!!

Dan

Does everyone else see the same thing in their own areas. Every year our FD has an open house. I am continually amazed how many people have no idea what it is we do and why we do it. Trying to explain it to them is another topic all together. I spend a tremendous amount of time educating not just the general public but other public saftey individual who have not been exposed to PSD.

I also want to express my disappointment at the new recruits. We had a small brush fire yesterday and all the youngies wanted to do was play with the hose. I put out all the rakes and started raking the perimeter. I had one female member who is 50 pick up a rake and help me. Even our officers just stood around looking cool. Sheeesh... You should see the looks I get when I ask people to help roll hose after a structure fire!! Oh well I just keep my mouth shut and do my job. Maybe I can guilt them into it.

Enough of the rant.

Mark

Isn't is disturbing how Hollywood's perception has become the world's reality? But then again, according to the majority of the media, we are breathing from oxygen tanks!

Back
Top Bottom