I feel like a traitor... I just booked Bonaire.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don Francisco:
We also like to explore new places, and have adopted the saying "so many islands, so little time".

It's a tough choice between the freshness of new places, or the pleasure of revisiting old friends in familiar places. Keep trying to do both, the more places you visit, the more motivated you'll be to take the time to enjoy life.

Wow! Couldn't have said it better myself. Mind if is use that phrase? It's tough and worst of all I feel terrible for not being able to lug down a bunch of donation stuff to Coz this spring which has become such a regular routine for us. Heck before we booked the trip, a few friends and I were sitting around discussing our vacation plans and without hesitation and very nonchalantly I said, "Oh we'll be making our usual trip down to Coz for a week." knowing exactly what to expect, where we'd be staying, where we'd be diving and what we'd be doing. I guess another part of me isn't that anxious for all that will be unfamiliar and unexpected in Bonaire. Nevertheless, it pales in comparison to how anxious I am to be going considering we didn't get out usual fall trip in to Coz in '08 and It's almost been a year since I've been in blue water... I'm ashamed. :shakehead:

We're flying out of JFK Sat at @10:30 AM, arriving in the 4:30 PM range, on Delta. Our previous flights out of Newark were those red eyes.

Thanks for the flight info. I made my trip with a LDS who for the past few trips did that horrible redeye. The Delta flight is worth considering.

It's almost been a year since I've been in blue water... I'm ashamed. :shakehead:

el problema solucionó

Classic_Bathtub.jpg

+

Blue.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We're flying out of JFK Sat at @10:30 AM, arriving in the 4:30 PM range, on Delta. Our previous flights out of Newark were those red eyes.

Thanks for the flight info. I made my trip with a LDS who for the past few trips did that horrible redeye. The Delta flight is worth considering.

That's what's so great about this site. Friendly helpful strangers.

I believe this JFK Sat flight is new thing.

You'll love it. Shore diving is the name of the game there. I got certified at Buddies and they have an excellent dive operation. The breakfast is superb. Around the island, there are yellow rocks that have the dive names. All the shore dives are just a couple of hundred yards off shore so easy access. Be sure to use bootie style fins cause there is no sand, very rocky. The coral is in excellent condition. The local dutch aren't as friendly as the Mexicans in Cozumel, but not bad just a bit stiff. There is an Italian restaurant in town that is great with a super wine selection (can't remember the name)
Maybe you can help us. I dive my wife doesn't. We are thinking of staying at Playa Azul so she has a nice beach and amenities vs Scuba club. They have a dive operation called Pro Dive. Do you know anything about either one? As usual, watch out for the time share people (they have the draw the card out of the hat and (guess) you won! Yippee. We wen along for awhile, then let them know that we knew the game. They became instantly rude then as they walked away, folded up the unbelievable winning ticket and put it back in the box. (yuk yuk) Anyway, have a good time. The diving is unbelievable.

Oh Yea, when you get your room, you get a truck with tank racks in the back, there is a drive through air station (like a gas station) you show your C-card, they load your tanks and away you go. Cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom