I find it amazing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fire ~ That sucks honey. I hope you don't get sent over there just when 2Tours is coming home. That would truly be an insult to injury.... speaking of injury how's the knee? Any chance of a med out?

Firebrand:
Well, I have finally stuck my head in a a break from work where I can actually take a breath again. I'm really hating being in the Army. I just returned from a deployment, and now they're talking of sending me to Iraq in Jan. Wow, I'm only home for three months before I get the news that I may need to get kicked over to the sandbox. (My last deployment didn't get me sent there). However, if I do get sent, I will have only been home for five months (after being gone nine). So much for stabilizing after deployments. The Army SUCKS!!!
Bummer dude, didn't your brother just get back?

[/QUOTE]So who else feels that the air in Scuba tanks tastes and smells better than regular old atmospheric air?? I certainly feel so...[/QUOTE]
I have to stand up and agree with you on that. I think it taste better the deeper you go but that might just be me..

Tanked air thru a reg.. best air known to man...

dlndavid:
Bummer dude, didn't your brother just get back?
2Tours was here for vacation. He is back in Iraq now & will be til sometime in early February... hopefully.. if they don't extend him

polerin312:
Fire ~ That sucks honey. I hope you don't get sent over there just when 2Tours is coming home. That would truly be an insult to injury.... speaking of injury how's the knee? Any chance of a med out?
Not in the forseeable future. I'm going to get an appointment at an off post Dr., but I need to get out of the office to get the referral. I will probably end up going to get the referral on Mon. A.M.

So who else feels that the air in Scuba tanks tastes and smells better than regular old atmospheric air?? I certainly feel so...[/quote]
I have to stand up and agree with you on that. I think it taste better the deeper you go but that might just be me..

GIS_GAL:
Tanked air thru a reg.. best air known to man...
It certainly is the best air known to man, even at the surface air through a reg feels so oddly 'refreshing and fulfilling' Lol.. I really can't put my finger on quite why i'm such a fan of compressed air, an interesting phenomena that I've noticed is that air in the reg always feels cooler than uncompressed atmospheric air.

Wow...first time poster here....

82 pages and y'all are discussing the taste of air....

Hmmmmm, i think thats dive related, you might need to move this thread

I think air from a scuba tank tastes better than regular old air, but what really pleases my palatte is Nitrox. Oh how that voodoo gas makes my heart melt!

Hmmmmmm.......gimmie some 40% and a long slow shallow dive.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom