I finished my Divemaster training tonight!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jldodd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm very excited. After working dilligently over the last couple of months, I've finally finished my Divemaster rating!

I want to thank Dean's Dive Center in Fort Myers, FL and more specifically my instructor Charles Kiss.

It's been a blast!
:D

:yelclap:CONGRATULATIONS:yelclap:

Good for you! Congrats! It is a lot of work and a lot of dedication to get where you are. What do you now plan to do with your DM rating? Are you going to try to work as a DM? I am always curious why people go after their DM rating. For whatever reasons you set out for it, you got it....congrats again!

Last edited:
Good for you! Congrats! It is a lot of work and a lot of dedication to get where you are. What do you now plan to do with your DM rating? Are you going to try to work as a DM? I am always curious why people go after their DM rating. For whatever reasons you set out for you, you got it....congrats again!

Well making money certainly wasn't the motivation :D I'm sure all of the divemasters on here can attest to that.

In reality, my other major "hobby" is being a Scoutmaster / Crew Advisor. I have a Boy Scout Venturing Crew (high adventure wing of Boy Scouts that is Co-ed) that is dedicated to diving. In order to be able to take the youth participants out on dives, there has to be an insured professional level diver in the water with them.

So now that I'm a divemaster, we can go diving whenever we want without having to hire (or beg) someone outside of the group to go along and take responsibility. This is going to open up so much opportunity for my group, I can barely contain my excitement.

Thanks for asking and thanks eveyone for your kind words.

Jeff

I'm very excited. After working dilligently over the last couple of months, I've finally finished my Divemaster rating!

I want to thank Dean's Dive Center in Fort Myers, FL and more specifically my instructor Charles Kiss.

It's been a blast!
:D

Congratulations :) How about getting in a few dives this Saturday? A bunch of SB'ers will be here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...siling-bash-july-26-2008-venice-fl-take2.html

You are going to want lots of experience if you are going with kids/new divers so come rack up a couple dives with us? :D

Congratulations :) How about getting in a few dives this Saturday? A bunch of SB'ers will be here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...siling-bash-july-26-2008-venice-fl-take2.html

You are going to want lots of experience if you are going with kids/new divers so come rack up a couple dives with us? :D

I'd love to but I'll have to confirm it with my very lovely, understanding non-diving wife :wink:. I've seen her about 10 minutes or so this week while I was finishing everything up.

If I can't make this round I would like to meet up sometime soon with some of the locals here on SB. Y'all sound like a fun bunch!

Way to go! You are now a "Pro".

AZ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom