I found a gun!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool find!

I found a 38cal Beretta wraped in a towel and a grocery bag tossed in the lake (POST). The towel and gun both had blood on it.

Rick, was it used in a crime? Did you ever find out?

Yes. A murder, and they busted the guy. He drived several states to toss the gun into our local pond. Ten feet further from shore and the thing would have been gone into the deep silt forever. :shakehead:

Yes. A murder, and they busted the guy. He drived several states to toss the gun into our local pond. Ten feet further from shore and the thing would have been gone into the deep silt forever. :shakehead:

WOW!!! That is very cool! Did you have to testify or anything like that?

Cool find!

I found a 38cal Beretta wraped in a towel and a grocery bag tossed in the lake (POST). The towel and gun both had blood on it.

The best I can hope for on my average dive is to see a crayfish that I can torment. My excitement was when I found three golf balls and was able to try out juggling underwater. NOT SO EASY let me tell you. It may be because I cannot juggle topside either though.

Wow! Bet he was surprised....Do you know how many years he got for it?

Wow! Bet he was surprised....Do you know how many years he got for it?

Nope, didn't have to testify and don't know the details. Cops didn't want to share anything about the gun with me. Only reason I know what I do is because someone on the department is a friend... but I won't mention GARY D.'s name. :D

thats a really cool find...good job..my first time diving i found a comb...but i guess that doesn't quite compare...haha

Ruger... I'd turn it in also... :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom