I found a gun!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sounds gross. Do you need to take any personal or equipment precautions for that?

Those underwater golf ball hunters on "Dirty Jobs" seem nuts to me...
Lets see, having been around these guys in Reefguys dept, they use a drysuit with blue gloves and FFMs.

My hat goes off to the people of the local dept's who dive. The fresh water holes that are near golf courses or developments are generally polluted like that, they also have gators and moccosins around. The depts have a designated armed overseer to keep the critters at bay if they get to inquisitive. Salt water isn't tooo bad, unless your around an older marina.

A few months ago I found a 9mm hand gun under a pier. I brought it up and turned it into the police. I haven't heard anything since but it was pretty exciting.

"This is my rifle,
And this is my gun;
This ones for firing,
And ... "

The proper terminology would be:

Handgun
Shotgun
Long gun
Rifle
Carbine
etc.

I too have had some luck finding old weapons. Mostly Flintlock pistols, and muskets. Thousands of musket balls. Many swords, and cutlass'es, hachets, and knives. Always a thrill. Anybody out there selling any old Sea Salvaged artifacts? Weapons or otherwise. Always looking. CaptainFizz

Thanks for the detailed info. Very good information.

Take an Oxyacetelyne torch and melt the metal parts into unrecognizable slag. That would take care of it. Alot of new guns have serials mirco printed throughout the guns. Simply filing off the serials wouldn't work. Wait....Why I am talking about this. How about Dont do anything that would require you to disassemble a firearm and ditch it ina lake.

Back
Top Bottom