I gave my daughter the "Cozumel Addiction"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waynel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have any of you done this? Several years ago my wife and I gave my daughter scuba lessons and open water cert dives in Key Largo for her birthday. For her college graduation we took her to Cozumel (she had about 20 dives prior). Besides the diving we toured the island, had lunch on cliff at Coconuts, etc. She is now "Crazy for Cozumel." Well, she got engaged and one of her "requests" was that he get certified and take her to dive Coz every summer. They've been going every summer the past two years. I've been going alone since my wife (and dive buddy for 15 years) passed away three summers ago. I just got off the phone with my daughter and told her I'm going to Coz June 12-20. To my surprise, she and her fiance are going June 10-17. So...the three of us are going to plan a day to dive together! First time to dive with her in four years. I am so excited! I've already booked my dives with Christi but they have not booked an op. They are staying at one of the swank resorts with all those resort credits and he will want to just stay there (he's the type that doesn't want to leave the resort for anything). But, she's working on them coming to dive with me one day since I've already booked. Regardless...I'm gonna make this happen. Those of you who have adult children who dive know how wonderful it is to dive with them. And for them to have the same passion for Cozumel is just a wonderful bonus! Wow, it's been hard diving Coz without my wife but ain't life interesting? It takes....and it gives. I feel so blessed. Just felt so happy after that phone conversation I just had to share.

Thats awesome! We have been taking our kids since they were young and they don't ever want to go anywhere else!

Hopefully Christi can fit her in as I think I may get to dive with you while there! Cant wait!

I can feel your passion for the sport and your daughter. I wish you a blast of a time in coz.

Last year I got to dive with my Daughter and Grandson. Three generations of divers in the water. It's a wonderful legacy to pass down through the family.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Thank you for sharing your story with us all.

Wayne I will help make that dream come true even if I send the three of you out on your own boat!!! I know how special this is for you!!!

Happiness is a family that dives together.....good for you!

Wayne I will help make that dream come true even if I send the three of you out on your own boat!!! I know how special this is for you!!!

Ah...you're a sweetheart. I told my daughter the story. You might end up with all the LeJeune divers for years! :)

Last year I got to dive with my Daughter and Grandson. Three generations of divers in the water. It's a wonderful legacy to pass down through the family.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Thank you for sharing your story with us all.

How wonderful! That's why I asked. I was sure someone else had a "family diving" story. Love it!

My son married into a Coz diving family. After much investigation, my son and his fiancé decided to get married in Coz. So, my husband, my son and I got certified at home. My other son, a Marine, was supposed to get certified in Okinawa, but couldn't make it happen. The week after the wedding, there were 14 of us diving in Coz. The Marine did a discover dive and came out with us one day. Amazing time, amazing memories.
We have been diving in Coz every year since! The younger generation joins us occasionally but not often. Grandchildren and work schedules make it challenging for them. But we and the in laws have been there together every year since, and often on their anniversary. 7th trip coming up in July!
Coz is amazing, and these very special memories make it our favorite place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom