I hate this weather!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well I am almost officially in hell. If it weren't for my wife I might just go nuts. I jump online this morning to check on the local ski area and what do I see, but a note on their webpage saying they will be closed today do to the lousy weather. So its 65 degrees and raining in January. The quarries are too cold for me to dive wet and the local ski area is closed. This really stinks. Of course by Tuesday we are suppose to be enjoying a wonderful 25 degree day, but I will probably be too sick from all this up and down weather to go out and ski when the ski area reopens. I really hate this area when it comes to weather.

Trade you for -23 C and a 30 mph wind :)

Left Tortola 2 days ago at 87 deg F and great diving on the RMS Roan wreck for this grrrrrr. or Brrrr as it is. a 97 deg difference in temp is just too much

Cherry

I went on a Celebrity Cruise on Dec. 19-29, the cruise was great. When we got to our first port, Grand Cayman, the wind was very, very bad. So, they had to cancel all of the snorkeling trips and the glass-water boat tour, but that didn't stop me and my dad from diving. The Grand Cayman's diving was beautiful. We went diving at Public Beach with Neptune Diver's (Great service!) and had alot of fun, so it mainly depends where you are when weather hits you.

LOL. I went skiing a couple of weeks ago, and I was carving into pure slush! It was in the 40's with a clear sky all day! It wasn't very cold, which I really enjoyed, but it was horrible for the snow to be melting!

Fortunately we have had a relatively decent return to winter around here. It was almost like skiing on real snow yesterday. Today was not quite as good though since it was near 40. I really am getting the itch to dive though. Its almost bad enough that I would be willing to give up the rest of ski season to go.

cstreu1026:
Fortunately we have had a relatively decent return to winter around here. It was almost like skiing on real snow yesterday. Today was not quite as good though since it was near 40. I really am getting the itch to dive though. Its almost bad enough that I would be willing to give up the rest of ski season to go.

It is going to be a HIGH of 10 today!! This is nuts for a diver!!

Lawman:
It is going to be a HIGH of 10 today!! This is nuts for a diver!!

I think it is supposed to be 70ºF here today.

Wendy:
I think it is supposed to be 70ºF here today.

hey Wendy, do you want a visitor??? It was -15 deg F here last nite, with a wicked wind, and its just hovering right around 0 deg F right now. The wind has died down though...

I hate this weather, and its too cold to even go skiing!!! Its too cold to go diving, too cold to do anything outside...

We hit -40 with the wind chill last night!!! That was fudging cold!
I ran the temp through a unit converter and -40 is the same in both degrees C and F... Supposed to be warmer tonight... only -24 C or -11F but that's without the windchill...

They closed the schools in our area today because of the wind chill. -40*F. At that wind chill temperature they said that the exposed skin would get frost-bite in 10 minutes. This is the first time in my recollection that they closed the schools because of wind chill.

When I was out earlier the wind would cut right through you. I took of my glove off to do something and it felt like someone was running a Bic lighter over my skin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom