i have a problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swisstrav

Contributor
Reaction score
also posted in the "general asia"

i am on my way to the philippines (with some detours) for some great diving. but diving without photography is nothing.

i need to replenish my stock of 35mm film. fuji velvia preferable 50 asa, 100 is ok too.

my next destinations will be hongkong and shanghai.

does anybody know where i can get these films in larger quantities in either hong kong, shanghai or manila?. that also means proper stored and not displayed in a hot window.

swisstrav

can't wait to get wet again

try these guys Welcome to Avenue Photo Equipment Website

i didn't know anyone still used film! wow! you must take amazing photos if you can do it w/o a preview monitor (i haven't used film in ages and doubt i can still take decent stuff with it... much less u/w)

alternately maybe joining www.pinoyphotography.org and asking the people there for their sources and contacts for film stock - jon's a very active member there (jonix on SB)

Jag

shugar many thanks, will follow up.

yes, i am still on film. and i think the digis can not beet film quality wise. just bought my first digital slr. but before im not sure, i do not invest in a new housing. it is big money ;-(

have a nice weekend

if you're going to hongkong, try the photo shops around mongkok. they got a bunch over there. i'm not sure if they still sell film though. i do have friends here in manila that still shoot with film just for the heck of it but i'm not too sure if there are lots of choices available.

dennis

if you're going to hongkong, try the photo shops around mongkok. they got a bunch over there. i'm not sure if they still sell film though. i do have friends here in manila that still shoot with film just for the heck of it but i'm not too sure if there are lots of choices available.

dennis

+1 on mongkok. try winshing or manshing. as for sources here in manila i'll ask around and get back to you on it.

found a local source online FILMS. FILMS. FILMS!!!

i recall there's this shop in makati which sells pro grade films. i'll check some friends.
not to be nitpicky (but i shall be) there is no word as "filmS" to describe a plural of film as a recording medium...

when saying "filmS" it refers to motion picture products (the finished film - not the medium)

wala lang... nit picky :mooner:

Jag

sb is educational!!!
problem basically solved. bkk has fresh stuff in stock. so does hongkong. had only a few hours and went to stanley st. one shop also fresh stuff. 1us cheeper than bangkok. go figure.
if you have any news re manila, just let me know. i might develop there as well.

tks a lot. can't wait to get wet...
swisstrav

Back
Top Bottom