I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just emailed one of my enablers to see if he has a UTS-15 in stock or can scheme one up for me fairly quick. I really do have a problem, don't I?:wink:

Buy the 938 and tell us what you think, Randy!

Wife picked up a Sig Sauer P238 Equinox today. Added the extended magazine for the pinky rest. Nice little pistol.

Does that mean a used Kimber 1911 is "For Sale"? The 238 looks like a fine personal carry.

Does that mean a used Kimber 1911 is "For Sale"? The 238 looks like a fine personal carry.

Not officially, but as you know it hasn't been fired since she bought it. I'm gonna let her shoot mine tomorrow, along with the P238. I told her not to shoot the Kimber unless she was gonna really use it. Thought it would be easier to sell if I advertise it as "unfired by owner."

That Sig actually starts its life as a pistol and, for some odd reason, adding the stock--and all those other goodies--to it doesn't change that classification. Understanding the government regulations writers is as difficult as finding logic in airline pricing. However, if O'blamer ever saw that thing and knew anything at all about firearms, he'd executive order up a mandate toot-sweet, I'd bet. Better get 'em while you can!!

It's not a stock. It's a "forearm retention device". If it was a stock it would be a rifle.

Can you name the *bills* that Obama has signed (this making them laws) that *restricted* gun rights?

Or the *bills* he has vetoed that *supported* gun rights?

carp.jpg

So Gator, which Kimber might be up for sale? I have a TLEII and a Solo, one barely fired and the other never. I don't find Kimbers to be my favorite shooters, but they do build a beautiful gun. I wouldn't mind having a few more.

The unfired one is the Custom Crimson Carry II.

CustomCrimsonCarryII.jpg

What a wonderful time at the range. My brother, my nephew, Sweetie and I really enjoyed the morning.

For those who thought Sweetie's unfired Kimber might be for sale ... ???. Right off the bat, Sweetie say, "I want to shoot the Kimber (my broken-in Kim)." So, I reviewed operations one more time. Had her dry fire it three or four times to get the feel. Corrected her left hand placement and thumb position. Loaded magazine, I stepped back. At 7 yards, Sweetie proceeds to put four out of five in the 10 ring, with 2 in the red X. This was immediately followed by a VERY large smile from her. Lots of fun was had by all within the 100 rounds. Kim now has 850 round down range. My brother and nephew also shot Kim well and had ear to ear grins on their face. My brother has just recently purchased a XDs. He is annoyed now that I have allowed him to be bitten by the Kimber bug.

Even I shot better than usual. Adjusting my trigger finger placement really helped, as well as shooting with one eye instead of two. At 7 yards I was shooting the ring numbers off the target
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The P238 was also a hit after some major adjustment. The trigger pull is about 2-1/2 times that of Kim. I discovered if I "smother" the P238 with my hands and insert trigger finger past the first knuckle I was able to put some in the red at 7 yards, holding a 5 shot group to about 2". I was very surprise. After sharing my discovery with Sweetie, she too started shooting very tight groups with the little gun. It's a keeper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom