I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My latest obsession.

Kimber Super Carry Ultra HD.jpg

You say potato...

And as for your bit of baiting, I think Obabble's positions and record on this issue are pretty clear.

I haven't liked a president since I started voting.

I don't care what presidents say. I don't care what they think. Positions are an irrelevant smoke screen.

Who signed Brady?
Who signed the AWB?
Who extended the AWB?
Who made carrying guns in parks legal?

Reagan and Bush both started their presidencies pro gun and then they flipped, screwing us over. Obama hasn't flipped but he also hasn't signed or vetoed anything that screwed us over, and he is the sitting president on the greatest upsurge in the health of the firearms industry in history - as recognized by the firearms industry.

“Barack Obama is the stimulus package for the firearms industry,” said Dave Workman, senior editor of Gun Mag, a print and online publication of the 2nd Amendment Foundation, a gun-ownership rights group. “The greatest irony of the Obama administration is that the one industry that he may not have really liked to see healthy has become the healthiest industry in the United States.”

Results are all that matters. The rest is theatre.

Reactions: BRT
I haven't liked a president since I started voting.

I don't care what presidents say. I don't care what they think. Positions are an irrelevant smoke screen.

Who signed Brady?
Who signed the AWB?
Who extended the AWB?
Who made carrying guns in parks legal?

Reagan and Bush both started their presidencies pro gun and then they flipped, screwing us over. Obama hasn't flipped but he also hasn't signed or vetoed anything that screwed us over, and he is the sitting president on the greatest upsurge in the health of the firearms industry in history - as recognized by the firearms industry.

“Barack Obama is the stimulus package for the firearms industry,” said Dave Workman, senior editor of Gun Mag, a print and online publication of the 2nd Amendment Foundation, a gun-ownership rights group. “The greatest irony of the Obama administration is that the one industry that he may not have really liked to see healthy has become the healthiest industry in the United States.”

Results are all that matters. The rest is theatre.

BS with capitals.

Here in Colorado we've suffered the consequences of a president who hasn't signed anything into law as you put it. He's publicly spoken out against firearms, practically issued a presidential mandate to Democrats to do everything possible on every level from local, to state to federal to enact more gun control. He publicly backed the Democrats here in Colorado and spoke out clearly his position and here in Colorado we have suffered directly due to this president by his informal policies and influence in restricting firearms in Colorado, with most damaging a magazine limit.

Here is just a short list of just the firearm laws passed in 2012 influenced by Obama

AL S 133: Strengthens requirements regarding sending mental health records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) and require petition for relief of disability due to mental health issue to be directed to circuit court rather than probate.CA S 140: Provides funding to the Department of Justice to address the backlog in the Armed Prohibited Persons System.

CA A 48: Bans “conversion kits” that create large capacity ammunition magazines.

CA A 170: Prevents corporations, partnerships, and other organizational “persons” from receiving a permit to own an assault weapon.

CA A 231: Expands child access prevention law to cover anytime a weapon is left in a place where a child may gain access to it.

CA A 500: Requires safe storage of firearms for people living with prohibited persons. Allows DOJ to obtain an additional 30 days to conduct a background check when the ordinary 10 day period is insufficient.

CA A 539: Allows prohibited people to transfer their firearms to a firearms dealer to hold for them until they become eligible to possess a firearm again.

CA A 1131: Extends the prohibition on owning a firearm for persons who have made specific credible threats to a psychotherapist from six months to five years. Makes reporting of such threats to DOJ electronic.

CA S 363: Holds firearm owners liable for leaving guns where a prohibited person is likely to gain access if such a person does gain access and takes the gun into a public place or harms someone with it.

CA S 683: Requires all gun purchasers to obtain a firearm safety certificate (previously handguns only).

CA S 127: Requires electronic reporting of credible threats against specific people to DOJ.

CO H 1224: Bans sale, transfer, and possession of large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAMs).

CO H 1229: Requires background checks for private sales and mental health reporting to NICS.

CO S 195: Prohibits online training for CCW permit applicants.

CO S 197: Provides mechanisms to help disarm domestic violence perpetrators.

CT H 6702: Strengthens law requiring subjects of restraining orders to surrender firearms.

CT S 1160: Strengthens assault weapon ban, bans LCAMs, creates gun offender registry, requires permit for long guns and ammunition purchase (note CT S 1094 provides amendments).

DC B 888: Expands prohibition on certain types of ammunition.

DE H 35: Requires background checks for private sales of firearms.

DE S 16: Requires any owner of a firearm to report the loss or theft of the firearm within seven days after the discovery of the loss or theft to either local law enforcement or the state police.

FL H 1355: Expands mental health prohibitions and reporting of records.

HI S 69: Requires all gun registration applicants to be fingerprinted.

IL H 1189: Requires private firearms sellers to use the State Police's dial-up system to verify that the buyer is the holder of a valid FOID card before making a transfer; requires owners of firearms to report loss or theft of firearms.

LA H 717/S135: Strengthens laws requiring reporting of certain prohibited persons to state supreme court and NICS and provides process for relief from disabilities.

MD S 281: Strengthens assault weapon ban, bans LCAMs, provides a mechanism to remove firearms from unstable individuals, regulates ammunition possession, requires a handgun license, requires registration for new residents, and requires lost or stolen firearm reporting.

MN S 671: Requires submission of records regarding prohibited persons to NICS.

MS S 2647: Facilitates the reporting of certain information to the FBI solely for the purpose of inclusion in the NICS database and allow prohibited individuals to petition for relief from mental health disability.

ND H 1327: Requires a NICS check to be completed on CCW permit applicants.

NJ A 3687: Disqualifies any person named on the federal Terrorist Watchlist from purchasing a firearm.

NJ A 3717: Requires submission of certain mental health records to NICS.

NJ A 3797: Would have required law enforcement to include gun trafficking information in certain reports and state databases.

NY S 2230: Imposes numerous provisions to: strengthen the assault weapons and LCAM bans; provide a mechanism to remove firearms from unstable individuals, close private sale loophole, require lost and stolen reporting, require safe storage and regulate ammunition sales.

RI H 5286/RI S 455: Makes it unlawful for any person to receive, transport or possess any firearm which has had any maker, model, manufacturer's number or other mark of identification removed, altered, or obliterated.

RI H 5992/RI S 862: Creates a Behavioral Health and Firearms Safety Task Force to review, and make recommendations for, statutes relating to firearms and behavioral health issues.

SC H 3560: Strengthens prohibitions on firearm possession by dangerously mentally ill, requires submission of records to NICS and cross-checking of mental health adjudications with CCW permittees for purposes of disarming prohibited persons.

TN S 789: Requires courts to submit mental health adjudication information to NICS.

TX S 1189: Provides that a police officer taking a person into custody because he or she is mentally ill and poses a serious risk of harm to self or others may immediately seize a firearm in the person’s possession. Provides a procedure for return or other disposition of the firearm.

UT H 50: Allows a court to prohibit the subject of a dating relationship protective order from possessing firearms.

UT H 121: Authorizes a cohabitant who owns a firearm to voluntarily commit the firearm to law enforcement for 60 days if the cohabitant believes another cohabitant is an immediate threat.

WA H 1612: Creates a gun offender registry.

WA S 5282: Creates a statewide database of mental health information, and require the submission of mental health commitment records to the state department of licensing.

To say he's done nothing to negatively effect our firearm freedoms is ludicrous or naive, you choose.

As for not passing any laws that have 'screwed us over' you might have forgotten or don't know that in August of 2013 he passed a law that banned the re-importation of military surplus firearms from our allies back into the United States. If you're familiar with the wonderful organization of the CMP and what they do that's all you have to know that this president 'screwed over' tens of thousands of firearm enthusiasts and collectors and well as young people who would have continued the traditions over 50 years old of owning a Garand M1.

You can look that Obama law up yourself.

I'm familiar with the import policy. It's not a law and it does very little to affect gun rights. I Compared to the AWB it's not even a footnote.

Ask the CEOs of the 10 largest US firearms manufacturers in a private moment - like at a bar - how healthy their business is vs 8 years ago. They are swimming in money. Did you ever think the the gun import ban is a PRO GUN BUSINESS ban? For the price of one Garand - which no manufacturers make money off of and which produces no US jobs - I can buy multiple AR lowers (which I do) made today. Bushmaster probably loves that ban. They also fund the NRA because the hysteria they whip up is just really good for business.

On the state laws you are giving Obama credit for things he had nothing to do with. Those are state laws. Look up the state laws passed under Bush or Reagan, I bet you'll get more than Obama. But no historian holds Reagan accountable - credit nor blame - for Vermont gun policy during his presidency. That would be just be silly.

WA state now has legal suppressors and we just got SBRs, both since Obama took office. Do you give him credit for those great new laws? I sure as hell don't, but if you're going to sweep up every bad state gun law passed under his watch you're gonna have to give him credit for the good ones, right? He backs WA state democrats, he's out here screwing up traffic for fund raising all the time.

Texas didn't allow CPL under Bush as Governor at the same time that liberal governors here in WA state allowed it. I don't recall anyone remembering these things now because they don't fit regurgitation of the ******* sheeple narrative promulgated by anti-Obamaists.

You might as well give Obama credit for the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl because he said he supported them. And credit for improving healthcare because he said he wants that...

I can't stand Obama because of how happy he's been to capitalize on the erosions of the constitution started by earlier presidents. On guns I see more better gun rights in my state, improved gun rights at the federal level, and an industry flush with cash and unable to keep up with demand. I can get worked up about Obama and surveillance. He personally ordered the murder of US citizens with total disregard for due process. He writes exec orders like parking tickets, treats FOIA requests like they are jokes and he has a hard-on for drones that's terrifying. I am worked up about those things. I can't get worked up about what he's actually done to guns in America because my life with guns is clearly better now than when he took office, while my freedom of speech, habeus corpus and right to privacy are all in the toilet.

NFA regulations are getting tighter, trusts will now need CLEO sign off, which in many parts of the country, is impossible.

Gun sales are at an all time high because of the ban scare.

Anyone who paid attention should note that the President very carefully pushed the VP under the bus by having him act as the front man on all proposed legislation.

The President clearly stated, on national television, during the debates, that he was in favor of a ban.

The scare has caused buying and hoarding.

Seen any .22 lately?

The neckbeards have it all in their mother's basement

Last edited:
NFA regulations are getting tighter, trusts will now need CLEO sign off, which in many parts of the country, is impossible.

Gun sales are at an all time high because of the ban scare.

Anyone who paid attention should note that the President very carefully pushed the VP under the bus by having him act as the front man on all proposed legislation.

The President clearly stated, on national television, during the debates, that he was in favor of a ban.

The scare has caused buying and hoarding.

Seen any .22 lately?

The neckbeards have it all in thier mother's basement

Exactly. Unless you want to play devil's advocate with technicalities on wording, there is no doubt about Obama's influence and results, whether he signs a bill, sets public perception or orders his foot soldiers to execute his desires, he's 100% anti gun.

---------- Post added March 31st, 2014 at 08:25 AM ----------

I'm familiar with the import policy. It's not a law and it does very little to affect gun rights. I Compared to the AWB it's not even a footnote.

Ask the CEOs of the 10 largest US firearms manufacturers in a private moment - like at a bar - how healthy their business is vs 8 years ago. They are swimming in money. Did you ever think the the gun import ban is a PRO GUN BUSINESS ban? For the price of one Garand - which no manufacturers make money off of and which produces no US jobs - I can buy multiple AR lowers (which I do) made today. Bushmaster probably loves that ban. They also fund the NRA because the hysteria they whip up is just really good for business.

On the state laws you are giving Obama credit for things he had nothing to do with. Those are state laws. Look up the state laws passed under Bush or Reagan, I bet you'll get more than Obama. But no historian holds Reagan accountable - credit nor blame - for Vermont gun policy during his presidency. That would be just be silly.

WA state now has legal suppressors and we just got SBRs, both since Obama took office. Do you give him credit for those great new laws? I sure as hell don't, but if you're going to sweep up every bad state gun law passed under his watch you're gonna have to give him credit for the good ones, right? He backs WA state democrats, he's out here screwing up traffic for fund raising all the time.

Texas didn't allow CPL under Bush as Governor at the same time that liberal governors here in WA state allowed it. I don't recall anyone remembering these things now because they don't fit regurgitation of the ******* sheeple narrative promulgated by anti-Obamaists.

You might as well give Obama credit for the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl because he said he supported them. And credit for improving healthcare because he said he wants that...

I can't stand Obama because of how happy he's been to capitalize on the erosions of the constitution started by earlier presidents. On guns I see more better gun rights in my state, improved gun rights at the federal level, and an industry flush with cash and unable to keep up with demand. I can get worked up about Obama and surveillance. He personally ordered the murder of US citizens with total disregard for due process. He writes exec orders like parking tickets, treats FOIA requests like they are jokes and he has a hard-on for drones that's terrifying. I am worked up about those things. I can't get worked up about what he's actually done to guns in America because my life with guns is clearly better now than when he took office, while my freedom of speech, habeus corpus and right to privacy are all in the toilet.

Is obama pro gun or anti gun? Is he pro ban or anti ban? Is he pro gun control or anti gun control?

Stop the BS.

Just read this post for the 1st time.......guess I'll add one of my favorites......My grandfather's WWII 1911...1944 Ithaca........

13540272874_3556b15567.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My father(his SIL) had it before me & put these Colt wooden grips on ... Holster is (stamped)1942 Boyt--that was with gun the whole time..

13540298844_3a12e8d5ae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice 1911 Diver 85. Most valuable as a family heirloom.

That's a very cool gun, d85. From the pics, it'd easily grade 95-98% and, with the original holster and grips, the way values have gone for these pieces lately, would book at AT LEAST $2200-2500. However, I could see it going for much, much more than that to the right collector (maybe 200%),particularly with the solid provenance you have. I'd pay well over Blue Book for it.

But, if I were you, I'd never sell it. I hope you don't but, if you have to, let us know.

Thanks for sharing. Fine, fine 1911 with a real family history. I hope your great, great grand kids have it some day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom