I love my fins...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottbeach

Contributor
Reaction score
...had to share.

Just purchased the Aeris Velocity fins for a mere $79. Compared to any other fin at the price, these things kick serious tail! Because of the three Power Vents in the middle of the fin and the flexible material, they feel a lot like split fins. My DM tried them out and fell in love with them too, as did the instructor (who is also the LDS owner). He actually liked them enough to wish he sold them at his shop (which he doesn't).

For less than 80 bucks, I bet they would outperform a number of the more expensive fins. I'm giddy!

Sounds like u found a good deal. How do they accelerate? I need something that can get me out of strong currents fast.

Can't say that I needed to accelerate away from anything, although that one grouper looked HUGE! What I can tell you is that I had no trouble crossing strong currents in Cozumel.

as a new diver, i recently purchased aeris velocity fins but have not tried them yet. it is reassuring to see that you enjoy them. i look forward to trying them this weekend

I also have Aeris Velocity fins -- the full foot model. I got mine on sale last month for only $35. I thought that it was a deal.

I've only practiced with these in the pool, but compared to my Mares Plana Avantis, these things are a dream. At first they seemed way too flexible and small to do any good, but paddling around proved me wrong. These things really move around well. Lots more forward push with much less leg exertion.

My next dive trip is in a few weeks. I'm bringing both my Aeris and Mares fins along. I'll be diving the Aeris primarily (unless my feet get cold OR my pool experience was a fluke). I will post my results with these fins when I get back.

Thx...Doug

they accelerate fine, just don't kick too hard......it's like you go faster with less effort......

m

The best fins I ever owned were a pair of circa 1976 Dacor TurboII fins. Next best are the USD (which I currently own) type
and the Scubapro Jet type. I would still have both of my Turbo II fins,but being the last one out of the water on Lake Erie in 6 ft. waves, nobody wanted to look for the fin I lost on the boarding ladder.

Jack

i to hav a pair of aeris velocity fins...im not as pleased with them as u all r... i am leanning on getting a pair of tusa x-pert zooms. i think those fins have great acceleration and speed. they r an expensive fin...but i thihk they would be well worth it.

what is your opinoin on the tusa x-pert zooms?

My opinion: dare you ask???

DOnt buy them...

Get yourself a pair of Quattro's or jets...

All these split fins are such a joke, they are all crap...
Every year, we see a new array of crap fins come on the market. I wonder what next year will bring...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom