I lurked for a few months!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasTaxi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, everyone, I'm Kevin.

My wife and I did a discovery dive, in Puerto Vallarta, mid 2015.
We said we'd get our certifications, before our next vacation, so we did, in September of 2016.
Our first "real" dives were in Playa del Carmen, in October of 2016.

My username is one that I started using on a few different hunting forums. Texas for my location, Taxi because I'm a part time taxidermist. The taxidermy funds (for the most part) my hunting addiction! :)

I've already gained a lot of valuable knowledge on this site, just from lurking. After doing those dives in Playa, I realize that we just scratched the surface and there's SO much that I want to learn about this new passion!

We'll be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary in Cabo, next month. We're taking our 3 1/2 year old son, and my dad and step mom ... so they can baby sit, while we get a few more dives logged!

I know there's a lot of experience on this board, and I hope I can soak some of it up!

Welcome to the Board hope you have a good time here, congrats on the wife-buddy, they are a great investment :wink:

Where in Texas are you guys? If near Houston and Freeport, take a look at Fling Charters for when you pick up a bit more experience.

You'll love Cabo! I STRONGLY suggest you make the day trip to La Paz. The sea lion dive at Los Islotes is an experience of a lifetime! From La Paz you can also do the whale shark snorkel. Such an experience!

Hello and welcome Kevin! Congratulations on getting certified and in having a great dive partner (your wife) to tag along with. Have a great time in Cabo!

Where in Texas are you guys? If near Houston and Freeport, take a look at Fling Charters for when you pick up a bit more experience.

We're actually in Katy right now ... building a barndo in Fulshear, so we're not far from Freeport.
We'll definitely check them out.

We did our certification dives in 288 lake, just inside BW8, near Pearland and it was like diving in chocolate milk. I have a very close friend that dives a LOT, and he said that the low visibility makes for a better diver, in the long run. I believe him, but right now I want to SEE stuff!

One of our dive masters in Playa went there (from Spain, I think) with the sole intent of getting certified. She never left and is now an instructor at Mexico Blue Dream. After one dive there, I considered doing the same thing! :wink:

Welcome to the board. I rented a car in S.D. years ago and drove to Cabo (700 mls.). En route you see the tallest cacti in the world at about 50+'. Unfortunately I was not a diver back then. Enjoy.

Hey Kevin, welcome to scuba board :)
You guys will love Cabo, I recommend you go dive in Cabo Pulmo it is an amazing place but it might take a bit longer than what you want since you are traveling with family members.
Enjoy Mexico
Cheers

Hi, everyone, I'm Kevin.

My wife and I did a discovery dive, in Puerto Vallarta, mid 2015.
We said we'd get our certifications, before our next vacation, so we did, in September of 2016.
Our first "real" dives were in Playa del Carmen, in October of 2016.

My username is one that I started using on a few different hunting forums. Texas for my location, Taxi because I'm a part time taxidermist. The taxidermy funds (for the most part) my hunting addiction! :)

I've already gained a lot of valuable knowledge on this site, just from lurking. After doing those dives in Playa, I realize that we just scratched the surface and there's SO much that I want to learn about this new passion!

We'll be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary in Cabo, next month. We're taking our 3 1/2 year old son, and my dad and step mom ... so they can baby sit, while we get a few more dives logged!

I know there's a lot of experience on this board, and I hope I can soak some of it up!
We're actually in Katy right now ... building a barndo in Fulshear, so we're not far from Freeport.
We'll definitely check them out.

We did our certification dives in 288 lake, just inside BW8, near Pearland and it was like diving in chocolate milk. I have a very close friend that dives a LOT, and he said that the low visibility makes for a better diver, in the long run. I believe him, but right now I want to SEE stuff!

One of our dive masters in Playa went there (from Spain, I think) with the sole intent of getting certified. She never left and is now an instructor at Mexico Blue Dream. After one dive there, I considered doing the same thing! :wink:

Hey Kevin,
Garth and Sharon here. Let me know how your trip to Cabo turns out next month. My wife and I would like to go in November with all the family. Right now we are gearing up for our trip to Port Douglas, Australia March 4, 2017. First diev to the Great Barrier Reef (GBR)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom