I need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abulebbeh

New
Reaction score
I bought one Beuchat masterlift Tek BCD and I’m facing a problem when I deflate the air, some air stays inside the BCD, I tried the upper vents and lower vents to dump the air but unfortunately I’m facing the same problem.
This problem is causing trouble to me when I’m doing the safety stops as I will keep going up because I can not dump all the air from the BCD.

Is it a problem with the plate back inflation design?
Some one told me that this is a common problem with the back inflation and I can not totaly deflate the BCD.
Please advise me what to do ?
Shall I buy another BCD but i spent a lot of mony on this BCD.

I have had a back inflate BCD for a couple of years now (Aqualung Patriot) and haven't had a problem with deflating all of the air out of the bladder. I have also serviced SeaQuest/Aqualung BCD's and Mares as well and that hasn't been an issue with them. I wouldn't buy anything new until I've had a few more dives on it. I'd also ask back at the shop where you purchased it and see if one of their techs can look at it as well

I have had a back inflate BCD for a couple of years now (Aqualung Patriot) and haven't had a problem with deflating all of the air out of the bladder. I have also serviced SeaQuest/Aqualung BCD's and Mares as well and that hasn't been an issue with them. I wouldn't buy anything new until I've had a few more dives on it. I'd also ask back at the shop where you purchased it and see if one of their techs can look at it as well

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to the board.
I suspect the problem is venting technique rather than a BC problem. Lots of people accuse Zeagles on trapping air but 99% of the time the diver is doing it incorrectly.
Air will rise to the highest point in the BC so you MUST make sure that the vent point is at the highest point on the BC before it will properly vent. For the LP inflator vent this means tilting the body slightly upward with the left shoulder at the highest point. Next the LP inflator hose has to be held higher than the shoulder with NO "S" curves in it...keep it straight. It is common to see divers holding the LP hose lower than the BC....it's not going to vent completely that way. If your BP has a strap to hold the LP hose at the shoulder, loosen it.
For rear venting the air still must be at the highest point but there is a problem. Most back inflate BC's use an inverted "U" shaped bladder. If you go head down and try to vent there is a good chance that some or possibly all of the air in the bladder goes to the opposite side of the "U" from the vent. If your BC has dual vents, great, use them both otherwise some technique is needed to fully vent the BC. Start in a slightly head UP position so the air moves to the top of the BC. Then roll slightly to the side of the vent and while keeping your body slightly tilted (vent side UP) move to a head down position and vent the BC. Once you get it down, this is a smooth movement.Try these techniques, I bet your BC will vent fully.

smilies-41093.png

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP above to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

sorry that I can't really address your questions but, another welcome to ScubaBoard!!

Thank you all for the information which you have provided,I will try these techniques next dive and I will let you know what the results are.

moved from I&G to the Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems

Hi:
cam someone tell me what is better for recreationl dive and technical dive the beuchat masterlift back plate or zeagle ranger\brigade?
thanks
ofer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom