I need ideas for a good practical joke!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm midway on this. I thought the blue rubber "rare Carribean frog fish" was hillarious. I still get a giggle.
I would imagine lots of young guys would chuckle about the u/w farting.

Some of this other stuff is just plain malicious and really is mean to do anywhere.

ok the frog fish is not so bad, the fart thing a definite hang time joke.lol.

Ok lets say a newbie diver reads what you posted. And thinks well if a SB staff member says these are OK, then why not. Puts a tennis ball in buddy's pocket and as they buddy ascends he hears the pop.....buddy doesn't know what it is, panics and bolts to the surface. Hmmmmmmm

I love to have fun. I drink hard, I push limits. Ask my friends. I am the biggest prankster out there. I LOVE practical jokes. But you would NEVER see me doing one on a diver.

Red non staining dye......could distract someone, maybe I cut my foot, better check that before I go in....oh better hurry up now everyone is in the water. Jump in, vest not inflated, air not on....panic.....sink to bottom.

If you have read about dive accidents/air crashes it is often times something innocuous that starts a chain reaction of events that ends up in death.

I don't even know what the legal ramifications of posting a practical joke here on SB are. What if a diver does something he read here? What happens to person who posted practical joke? What are SB's liabilities?

The way I see it too much downside risk here..........that is my opinion. You just don't know what chain of events you could be setting off.

Sure you can tell me to lighten up, scuba diving is fun. Yes it is fun. I love it. But really think long and hard about this topic. I am no kill-joy.

I don't necessarily agree. Lets look at the other side of the coin. You say you are a prankster so lets look at some of the classic land gags.

Can of worms. You hand your buddy a can that has one of those huge worms in it. He opens it, worm pops out and scares him. He falls back in his chair, hits his head on the tile floor and kills himself.

Hand buzzer. You go to shake your buddies hand, it goes off in his hand, it scares him and he dies of a heart attack.

You can find the bad and the extreme in anything. Hell why are we even diving?

If we're gonna over analyze anything may i request we go back to the nuns with the leather strap?

Sorry, some of us never grew out of Catholic school!

If we're gonna over analyze anything may i request we go back to the nuns with the leather strap?

Sorry, some of us never grew out of Catholic school!

Nuns wear leather straps? Who would of guessed.

there you go, dress like a nun wearing leather straps,, that should get a laugh,,

there you go, dress like a nun wearing leather straps,, that should get a laugh,,

Whatever floats your boat. I'm not judging.:D

Is this an official hi-jack yet?

ok the frog fish is not so bad, the fart thing a definite hang time joke.lol.

OK, I can go along with frog fish and pull my finger . However, if someone is successful with this prank with me be forewarned...they just might get the real thing back....:shocked: Oops, that would be polluting wouldn't it....I know, I know...How rude....:shakehead: OK, PLease....hijack this thread !! S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom