i survived the tsunami!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is little I can say that hasn't already been said.

Amazing, just amazing. May the world be peopled with more like you.

I thank you on behalf of the greater good, Clive.

Oh my gosh Clive, what a story. Thank you for sharing it with us. Excellent fast thinking and movement saved her life while everyone else was stunned! I hoep you do get to hear from her someday.

Hi Clive....You are a lucky one to have survived such an event....and the little girl is by far the luckiest....Unfortunately I have lost a friend in these events and no amount of words could ever change this....but its pleases me to know that in such a life threatening situation there exist ordinary people such as yourself who do such extraordinary things....and for that "Thank-you"...may God bless you and your family.

Regards
James

I know it has been said by many at this point but THANK YOU!!!!!
Not just for saving that lil girl but for being a kind and caring enough person to go the extra mile when others just watched, or couldn't move.
the world needs ALOT MORE GOOD PEOPLE like you
to think if only 20% of the world thought and acted as you did this world would be a different and much better place!!
YOU ROCK!!!!

Clive

an amazing story which I hope I would only react in the same way as you did in saving this girls life, if not all the people on the boat you were on.
The bay you were in sounds like Maya bay on Phi Phi Ley (south island). I can only imagine how scary it woulod have been in there when the water dropped and it all started.
I worked in Phuket and i met my wife there and lost a few of her friends who had shops along patong beach front. Even at a distance, as i am back in Australia now, its still hard to cope with such loss. I can't even begin to think how hard it would have been to be there in your shoes.

Baz

That story brought a lump to my throat. You did the right thing and at least 2 people will be thankful forever.

Clive,

About half way through your story I wanted to stop reading. I just knew the little girl's fate had to be bad. I thought you were going to tell us she did not make it and so I just didn't want to know. However, your story was the only account so far that I had begun to read that was so graphic. Seeing it on the news while cooking dinner just didn't register and when you told your story, I began to cry. When you hear that over 175,000 people had lost their lives, you think, "Oh, how sad." And then you move on to whatever you were doing.

Reading your post was different and I felt compelled to keep reading. I am glad I did. No matter the outcome, you ARE A HERO either way. I am glad there was a happy ending, but you were a HERO the first move you made "when time began again". In that instant, you stopped worrying about yourself and without fear, saved a life. Even if the girl had not made it, you gave her that important chance she so deserved as a human being. How lucky she was to have an angel that day.

Most people live their entire lives without knowing if they could even do what you did and you now know that the core of your being is good. In the face of danger, you now know YOU are good. I thank you for saving that girl's life. I thank you for sharing your story. In a world filled with such bad, it is so refreshing to know there is still good.

Thank you Clive,

jawfish:
Clive,

About half way through your story I wanted to stop reading. I just knew the little girl's fate had to be bad. I thought you were going to tell us she did not make it and so I just didn't want to know. However, your story was the only account so far that I had begun to read that was so graphic. Seeing it on the news while cooking dinner just didn't register and when you told your story, I began to cry. When you hear that over 175,000 people had lost their lives, you think, "Oh, how sad." And then you move on to whatever you were doing.

Reading your post was different and I felt compelled to keep reading. I am glad I did. No matter the outcome, you ARE A HERO either way. I am glad there was a happy ending, but you were a HERO the first move you made "when time began again". In that instant, you stopped worrying about yourself and without fear, saved a life. Even if the girl had not made it, you gave her that important chance she so deserved as a human being. How lucky she was to have an angel that day.

Most people live their entire lives without knowing if they could even do what you did and you now know that the core of your being is good. In the face of danger, you now know YOU are good. I thank you for saving that girl's life. I thank you for sharing your story. In a world filled with such bad, it is so refreshing to know there is still good.

Thank you Clive,

thanks jawfish, well thank you everyone for your kind words.

still don't feel like a hero, there were people out there that did far more than i did, i saved one life (possible those on the boat), others saved numerous lives, the doctors and nurses, they are the real hero's!

i went to see the trauma doc and she is helping, but i had a real bad flashback while watching the TV the other night.

there is a paranormal/thriller on called sea of souls, and right at the end the guy got knocked into the river and a boat went over the top of him and it showed him bounce on the hull a couple of times.

i almost shouted noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

freaked me out

that's very normal, and it's healthy. just means you are dealing with the emotional
impact of what you've gone through.

slowly, the effects will lessen, until you barely notice them most of the time.

i'm so glad you are taking care of yourself. keep going to the doc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom