I think something is wrong with my Proton???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree 100%! What other dive industry leader (in a similar position to Phil) takes the time to give personal assistance on a diving site? I am certain that Phil is a very busy individual, yet he makes the time to respond to the numerous questions.

Greg Barlow

Phil really seems to have Mares USA on the right track. Although I liked my Mares regs, I moved away from Mares in the '90's because of the incredible difficulty in obtaining parts. Mares division seemed that they couldn't care less. I suspect they lost quite a few dealers during this period as well. Anyway, because of this I have, for years, recommended staying away from Mares. But, times change. With this new company attitude, I am (wonder of wonders) seriously considering a new Mares reg.

Last edited:
Got the regulator back quick, but it stills seems to breathe same. I have to create enough negative pressure to get a breath that it becomes tiresome to breathe out of. as much money as they retail for, it should breathe a lot better. I breathed out of my friend's Abyss and it is night and day compared to mine, but I have read my should breathe the same. Is there some type of adjustment on the second stage that could improve performance??? The letter from the shop said a short statement that everything is fine. Am I just spoiled from my Aqualung legend that I used??

Jeff

Jeff,

I checked, the tech found the IP was off and adjusted. It was bench tested and then a second tech breathed it and also checked. Both found no issue, so it is alittle strange that you are finding it. If you want we can get it back and examine again. There is no reason it should not breath easily.

Phil

Jeff, have you tried it on another tank? Just in case there is something with the tank valve?

Just food for thought!:coffee:

Breathing any reg at the surface is not an accurate measure of performance. Try diving with it, and then decide as to whether or not you have a problem.

Greg Barlow

Breathing any reg at the surface is not an accurate measure of performance. Try diving with it, and then decide as to whether or not you have a problem.

Greg Barlow

Went diving 5 atm yesterday with no problems! Breathed Great! I did try my buddies Abyss again. The Abyss does breathe slightly better, but they are pretty close. Thanks for the help Phil!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom