I-torch Pro 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tamert

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was looking into buying lights for my go pro. Originally i was looking into purchasing SOLA 2000 S/F, but money constraints have led me to look at the itorch pro 5.

I want two, and it seems like a bargain, but i was wondering whether or not they'd be overkill. I was planning on running both of them at 50% for most of the time and they'd be used during the night and day.

My previous lights did not fill the field of vision and their hotspot's were painstakingly obvious. Thats why i'm trying to stay away from budget lights like achron (not that mine were achron).

Basically should i buy 2 or 1? any other final suggestions?

Tried diffusing your existing lights yet?

Pairing lights helps avoid harsh shadowing.

They can be overkill depending on proximity to your subject. However, that's what adjustable settings are for. It takes some experimentation to figure out what you need in various ambient conditions..... I- tourches are pretty dern awesome.

4 DRIS 1000 lumen lights with diffusers:

I'm just saying...if you have some lights already you may be able to save a few bucks tinkering with diffusers.

If the L5000 is really 5000 lumens OTF then I could live with a diffuser on it. Probably bring it down to 4000 lumens but since I would have 2 I wouldn't care LoL. But I really am interested in seeing some real footage above and under water of this thing.... as long as it goes on sale... Hint Hint Mr. Wing Wu :)

4 DRIS 1000 lumen lights with diffusers:

I'm just saying...if you have some lights already you may be able to save a few bucks tinkering with diffusers.

I'd run and hide if I saw that coming..
12-triangle-ufo.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom