I Want A Bomb Proof Cold Water Reg!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hog is the reg AND you can service them yourself .........we have them under the ice every year with no problems

I'm partial to Apeks, but the MTX-R(C) would fit the bill very well. I use a DST first with MTX-R seconds and I love them. They're workhorses.

the xtx 50 is the same as hog and deep 6 .....same kits etc

I changed to Apeks MTX-R. It has been excellent choice for winter diving (tested frequently up to -15C air and 1C water).

Don’t waste money, get XTX50 instead if you go Apeks.
Y'a they pretty much the same reg. Probably would have taken the xtx50 but I got a deal on the xtx200.

Have a range of different Apekses. xtx50, dst, tec3, xtx 100, xtx200, atx200, DS4.
Do regular diving in Norway from -1C Normally winterdiving is 2-4C. Never had an issue with any of them.

Atomics for me.... Between my wife and I, we have 7 first stages, (all DIN and sealed) and 11 2nd stages. They're a mix of Z2, B2, and M1. They've all been used down into the high 30°s without issue. (Great Lakes) They've been dead nuts reliable for us. Unsealed may yield different results, but I always seal them....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom