I want to buy Atomic reg but are they really noisy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own an atomic T2x and never had any issues with it. In fact, I already ordered online another set for my wife, and at the moment awaiting its arrival. If you were to ask me what regulator would I buy? I'll definitely vote for an atomics regulator over other brands

I just got a B-2 and above water it honks a bit when I take a breath but underwater - silent. Since my primary use is underwater:D I don't mind a bit. Perhaps the honk will dissappear after a few dive trips. Either way I love it.

Neither of my M1s have ever honked or squeaked, and they are very easy-breathing, dry-breathing regulators. I get them serviced when the mood strikes me, which happens less frequently than the 2-year recommended service interval, and have had no issues whatsoever with them. I am not convinced that they are significantly better than other brands, though. I have never had a regulator that bothered me.

Atomic downsides:
The Atomic noise problem is a known issue but one that only very infrequently can't be resolved. The floating 2nd stage orifice makes rinsing them a little bit tricky and the environmental seal system is an expensive solution.

Atomic upsides:
Atomic makes a reliable regulator that performs like a dream. They're pretty.

Thanks all for the feedback. The consensus seems to be for Atomic so I will give them a shot.

Don't forget about the FS swivel, sealed FS and SS swivel.

I Have the ST1, it honks out of water a bit, but so what, underwater though i got the high pitched squeal. Very irritating. It is back at the supplier now waiting for spares from Atomic to try to cure it.
That aside, it is a very nice bit of kit, breathes well and made even better.
if you get a quiet one, you will be very happy

Thanks all for the feedback. I purchased the Atomic Z2 and will be trying it out this weekend. I will let you all know how it performs.

Tried out the Z2 today and had no noise problems whatsoever, it was great. Also tried my Atomic frameless mask for the first time and loved that too, I'm now a big Atomic fan.

Back
Top Bottom