I want to Lose the Memory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My buddy's dive computer just died, how lucky for him that I have an older Suunto Vyper just lying around to give him. The software will allow us to change to his name and he can load the personal preferences easily enough. The question is how to wipe the memory clean? This Vyper has over 600 dives logged on it and I want to reset it to -zero-. Will removing the battery do that? The owners manual doesn't state wiping the memory only this "All history and profile data, as well as the altitude, personal and alarm setting, will remain in the dive computer memory after the battery change." So how to -zero- it? Anyone know? If your guessing and don't know please don't answer this post.

I have never tried to do it but using the Suunto Dive Manager you right-click on the computer (second box on the left) and click "Delete dive history".

Does that delete the dives or just the max depth history?

My buddy's dive computer just died, how lucky for him that I have an older Suunto Vyper just lying around to give him. The software will allow us to change to his name and he can load the personal preferences easily

I don't own one, but seem to remember that there was some method that involved removing the battery, holding various buttons and reinserting the battery that will wipe it clean.

OTOH, I could be thinking of some other computer, although it might be worth a try.

Terry

It's called a cold reboot - remove and replace the battery.

There is a tool which is supposed to do this here: Liquid Image Photo

I have never tried this, so I can't comment on how well it works. As always, use with caution.

I have used it and it works fine.

I have never tried to do it but using the Suunto Dive Manager you right-click on the computer (second box on the left) and click "Delete dive history".

Does that delete the dives or just the max depth history?
I have just used this software on a second-hand D6. Worked an absolute dream. I am so pleased not to have the other guys dives and number of dives there! I know its daft but there it is. Only works on PC but I'm a MAC user and have VMWare Fusion so not an issue for me.

Sorry I should have replied with the right message in the quote! So this is me saying the Liquid Image Photo software worked on a second hand D6.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom