I want to murder my computer and feed it to the fishies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh Jax.. you make me giggle

If I wanted to follow the machine blindly I wouldn't be on here asking for insight on the way it computes deco and how it counts it down. But the masses seem to think otherwise. Who am I to argue? :) To each their own

If I wanted to follow the machine blindly I wouldn't be on here asking for insight on the way it computes deco and how it counts it down. But the masses seem to think otherwise. Who am I to argue? :) To each their own

You didn't follow the machine blindly, you decided "it was wrong" and dived your "plan" which seems pretty much consisting of "will ride the computer until it shows me deco obligation then I'll arbitrarily cut that short w/o understanding why".

You didn't follow the machine blindly, you decided "it was wrong" and dived your "plan" which seems pretty much consisting of "will ride the computer until it shows me deco obligation then I'll arbitrarily cut that short w/o understanding why".

Excuse me?? I think you misunderstand the facts. Please go and re-read the original post. I did not violate any deco obligations. I only skipped a (non-mandatory) safety stop. I planned my dive, and dove my plan (with respect to that darn one minute delay.. damn shouldn't have had fun on a dive!), all the while listening to my computer! Any extra deco I incurred through a slow ascent I finished as required.

:hugs: Seriously, Melanie, please see about taking a class -- I really enjoyed the TDI Advanced Nitrox / Decompression Procedures -- Taking the two together is cheaper than each separate, but it is still a layout. You also learn about gas management and insuring you have backup for those "oh, sh**" moments! There is so much more to it than what can be answered as a simple question on this forum.

If you really want to know the physiology behind it, read Amazon.com: Deco for Divers (9781905492077): Mark Powell: Books. It won't teach deco, but it gives an enormous understanding of what is happening and why. I'm on my third read, because each time I have a different perspective and learn something new.

Excuse me?? I think you misunderstand the facts. Please go and re-read the original post. I did not violate any deco obligations. I only skipped a (non-mandatory) safety stop. I planned my dive, and dove my plan (with respect to that darn one minute delay.. damn shouldn't have had fun on a dive!), all the while listening to my computer! Any extra deco I incurred through a slow ascent I finished as required.

So could you state what was your plan? Because "dive until I get 20min of deco" is not a dive plan.

So could you state what was your plan? Because "dive until I get 20min of deco" is not a dive plan.

Sure it is. Just because it is not your kind of plan doesn't mean it didn't suit my needs. Of course we discussed air, reserves, max depth, total bottom time but it is not important for this topic.

Everyone seems to want to tear me apart because I dove outside of recreational limits. That is fine, we all have the right to our own opinions. But my dive, my reasons, my way of doing things is only of concern to my buddy and I (oh sorry and captain). Last I checked I wasn't asking any of you to go with me.

Sure it is. Just because it is not your kind of plan doesn't mean it didn't suit my needs. Of course we discussed air, reserves, max depth, total bottom time but it is not important for this topic.

Everyone seems to want to tear me apart because I dove outside of recreational limits. That is fine, we all have the right to our own opinions. But my dive, my reasons, my way of doing things is only of concern to my buddy and I (oh sorry and captain). Last I checked I wasn't asking any of you to go with me.

So could you detail your plan in regards to what you stated?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

No iztok I won't

Because I am not here to defend myself against your thoughts on my diving habits. I am here to learn from those who have had experience with my computer. As was the intent of the thread.

ps: I haven't heard an apology for wrongfully accusing me of mindlessly blowing deco obligations

Here?!?!?!? An apology?!?!?! Remember the first rule of SCUBA:

Don't hold your breath!!!

Here?!?!?!? An apology?!?!?! Remember the first rule of SCUBA:

Don't hold your breath!!!

PRICELESS!!! Thanks for the laugh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom