I wonder what the weather will be like Dec. 4-11.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coz weather should be a welcome change from a town known for Xmas tree farms about then.

Yes it will be. Especially that time when there is likely to be at least a few inches of snow on the ground here. :cold: I worked "in the trees" one year and man, that is tough work! Radios are much easier on the back!

I took a jacket attached to my roll-on to Roatan in February in case I needed it for a rare winter weather delay in Houston but ended up wearing it one day there when a mean norther arrived with some cool left. I suppose it was cool in Coz a day before, but first week of December - too early for northers I think.

I will definitely have a light fleece on the boat with me. If I don't use it there is almost always someone that will.

What will the weather be like then? Who knows. Better than here at home I'd bet.

It is actually really nice here in the NC Mtns. now. All of the leaves are changing and it is a brilliant orange and red everywhere! It is about 45 at night and 60-70 during the day. VERY nice. But, yes, in December it will be a whole different story!

I've been going to Cozumel for years during the first week of December. Water temps have consistently been 80 degrees F top to bottom, except last year it was a little warmer at 82 degrees.

If the weather is warm, a 3mm will probably be fine. My buddies dive in shorties. I've been there when it rained for a week straight and I was glad that I had a 5mm with a hood.

So it all depends on the weather. Check the forecast before you leave home.

My wife and I will use our 3 mils and our buddy will use just a bathing suit like he did in January. He would go nak..... nevermind .:shakehead:

It is actually really nice here in the NC Mtns. now. All of the leaves are changing and it is a brilliant orange and red everywhere! It is about 45 at night and 60-70 during the day. VERY nice. But, yes, in December it will be a whole different story!

It's gorgeous here in Saskatchewan too right now. December...not so much.

Coz weather should be a welcome change from a town known for Xmas tree farms about then. I took a jacket attached to my roll-on to Roatan in February in case I needed it for a rare winter weather delay in Houston but ended up wearing it one day there when a mean norther arrived with some cool left. I suppose it was cool in Coz a day before, but first week of December - too early for northers I think.

We're down for a few weeks from a day or two after Thanksgiving just about every year. Definitely not too early for a norte, we've had them. Most of the time it hasn't been more than a day lost (and sometimes only a morning), but there have been a couple that lasted for 2-3 days. I have found though that the effects of the norte tend to be longer on the mainland then in Cozumel. You can have them anytime Nov-March. It's never stopped us from going in the winter and we've had mostly norte free trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom