ice diver course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abnfrog

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
1 of my instructors has decided to run an ice diver course if you are interested give me a PM ill hook you up with them it will be held here at our facility ............I might be convinced to run an instructor course at the same time (min 3 instructors )

If by Great White North you mean The Bronx, sign me up!!

If by Great White North you mean The Bronx, sign me up!!

Waaay north in Canada. 7 hours east of the Soo when I went up in August.

I don't know what a soo is. You people talk funny.

I don't know what a soo is. You people talk funny. :rolleyes:

The Soo (aka home to the Soo Locks where freighters go through to get from Lake Superior to Lake Huron - 21ft elevation difference) is the nickname for Sault Ste Marie, MI, where I crossed into Canada. 15 hour drive from the Chicago area to Abnfrog’s facility.

Ice diving = Canada...

The Soo is the place you drive by and never want to stop, except for gas as the nearest gas station after is 4 hours away.

4.5 hours from Toronto

how is the diving in your area?

The instruction is top notch, and the camaraderie and accommodations make it something special. The diving is in a shallow lake, and you need your A-game to not silt it out. I don't think I have ever gotten to 20'. Enjoyed every minute of it!

A great class (have sat in/helped again 3 times since I took it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom