Ice diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I was one that trip!

mwilding:
Hoboken Dive shop apparently does this every year. The trip up (to New Hampsire or Lake George) is apparently a big kegger. For that reason alone I am going...

:relaxing:

JMG:
XJae - I'm signed up for TSC's trip at the end of the month. Last I heard, there was one other person signed up and a few maybes, so I'm betting there'll probably still be room. Of course, the TSC guys are on this board now, so I'm sure they'll be able to tell you more than I can.
I couldn't get away.
How was it?

It was a lot of fun. We dove the pinnacle both days, and had really great weather, so we didn't even bother setting up the tent. There were only three students, two from TSC and one from Vermont. Two of us managed to get all three of our checkout dives done the first day, so we were done with our certs and could just dive for fun on Sunday.

I've put a few of the pictures on the web; check them out at www.princeton.edu/~jguberma/icediving.html

Wow. Those pics are great. Looks like you had a great trip.
Crazy Lamprey eyes...lol.

I see you picked up some dry gloves. Those must have been great.

They were loaners from the kind folks at TSC. They were great, although Doug (sorry, don't know his screen name) was diving with wet gloves and he did all right. We got very, very lucky with the weather.

Can't wait to do it again next year. On the drive back we were talking, and we now have enough people ice certified locally that we might be able to do our own trip a little bit closer, if anything close happens to freeze over.

JMG:
and we now have enough people ice certified locally that we might be able to do our own trip a little bit closer, if anything close happens to freeze over.

Definatelly, count me in. Pics are great! next time I am bringing my Oly 5050 in Tetra to make some underwater shots of everyone!

Back
Top Bottom