Icon HD firmware update and manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johanan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I have an Icon HD built in 2011. It is a model before "Net ready" and AI. Firmware version 2.02. In the "About Icon HD" section is a line "Upgraded". I have been told by other divers that I should update its firmware. On the Mares website "Downloads" I found V2.5. The picture suggests, it is for a AI model - or is it just a generic, not a model specific picture? I made a download, but my Mac says, there is no application set to open it. My question - should I update my computer, is this the correct FW version and how to do that?

Mares.png

It's the correct version. I just upgraded mine to 2.5 from the same link.

It's frustrating that they still never solved the "random time change" bug. Apart from that i still like this computer. Well apart from the useless compass.

Why is the compass useless? It seems to work fine - though I do have the AI model.

Ours compasses just don't work very well. I bought two of them - one for me and one for the wife. We've been on dives where even though both compasses agreed up top pre-dive, they have completely disagreed under water. We both were pointing our compasses in the same direction and they were 90deg out!

On one dive, the compass would spin then reset settle on NE, no matter which way we faced. I could be swimming NE no matter what direction I faced.

It's the correct version. I just upgraded mine to 2.5 from the same link.

Thank you for the reply! I'm sorry that I didn't quite get that. What did you mean - which is the correct version - 2.02 or 2.5? Which model of Icon do you have? Also, could you share, how did you do the upgrade? As I said before, I downloaded the upgrade, but neither my computer, nor I knew how to proceed from there.

I have to agree about the compass. I have not observed a directional difference from my analogue compass, but I totally dislike how it works. The indicator is "jerking" and "jumping", and it lacks the smooth movement of an analogue compas. I never use it.

Thank you for the reply! I'm sorry that I didn't quite get that. What did you mean - which is the correct version - 2.02 or 2.5? Which model of Icon do you have? Also, could you share, how did you do the upgrade? As I said before, I downloaded the upgrade, but neither my computer, nor I knew how to proceed from there.

I have to agree about the compass. I have not observed a directional difference from my analogue compass, but I totally dislike how it works. The indicator is "jerking" and "jumping", and it lacks the smooth movement of an analogue compas. I never use it.

I have the Icon HD. Not the Icon HD Net Ready. The Original Icon HD. Version 2.5 is the latest for these computers.

Once you download the .ENC file, you need to use the Mares Dive Organiser. Load the program, plug in the computer, and in Dive Organise select Firmware Update from the Computer menu.

I have the Icon HD. Not the Icon HD Net Ready. The Original Icon HD. Version 2.5 is the latest for these computers.

Once you download the .ENC file, you need to use the Mares Dive Organiser. Load the program, plug in the computer, and in Dive Organise select Firmware Update from the Computer menu.

Many thanks!

Aloha everyone. I recently purchased a used Mares ICON HD Net Ready from an individual. The computer is in great condition and all, it came with a transmitter. Stupid me didn't even check out if it paired or not. So, got home charged the computer, installed fresh battery in the transmitter, hooked it up on HP 1st stage, pressurized, tried pairing it with comp with no luck. Did everything in the book on how to pair and all. I also updated the comp to the newest version and still would not pair. Did anyone else experience this issue? Hope someone can help.

Back
Top Bottom