Icon HD firmware update and manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a easy situation to resolve without more info as there are a few different checks to resolve. However, I find it strange that the transmitter was not already paired to the computer if it was previously owned and used. It does not lose it pairing unless the pairing is removed on purpose.

Try the following:
1. Make sure that the computer is truly a Net Ready Version. Early ones were not. I know it came with a transmitter but that is no way to know for sure. Even some of the older Net Ready computers had issues with pairing to the transmitter and holding the communication link. I know I had one.. I now have a Net Ready Black that works every time without issue.
2. If truly a Net Ready Version, install the latest firmware. Version 4.2.2.
3. Make sure the new battery you installed in the transmitter was installed correctly (not upside down).
4. Try pairing per the instructions in PDF. Make sure it is connected to a tank and it is under pressure. This is not always successful on the first try. Try breathing through the reg while trying. Keep trying to pair to tank 1 until exhausted and frustrated or successful.
5. If still no luck in pairing, then the computer or transmitter is defective. Send in for evaluation and repair.

Hope you resolve it without the need for evaluation as since you did not by it from a dealer. Cost will be on you. Or you can get your money back from the individual that sold it to you.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom