Icon Tank Wrap (trim weight pocket) defect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uber

Contributor
Reaction score
ONTARIO - I just love Algae and Zebra Mussels! I w
# of dives
200 - 499
I have just noticed a split in the rubber trim weight pocket of my Icon (about 30 dives)... it is on the inside (the ribbed rubber that wraps the tank)... it looks like the stitching did not catch the rubber correctly... http://www.mares.com/images/mares/big/417254_icon_2.png

My first question is; does this equal a manufactuers defect? I read the rather stringent warraty rules on the website and it states rubber parts are not covered and that, even if it is covered, the customer is responsible for shipping costs to Mares.... is this to encourage customers to get stuff fixed at the cobblers rather than bother you? Shipping BCD's is not cheap, undoubtedly a local repair would cost less. Additionally one has to return the item to the EXACT same store it was purchased? (how does this constitute a dealer network?) I have moved and it will be quite a trip... I suppose I should be glad I didn't purchase it on vacation.

Hi Uber,

The most important issue is to have your receipt/proof of purchase. It should be covered under warranty (it needs to be seen to confirm this). We reccomend you bring it to your place of purchase, but it can be brought to any Mares Authorized dealer. Each dealer can choose whether to assist you, but good businees dictates that they should since they want you to shop for additional items.

The dealer will contact us and we will issue a Return Authorization. UPS is the best method, once we receive the BC we will inspect, if under warranty we will repair or replace. If not under warranty we will quote a cost of repair. (Sounds like yours should be covered, but we do need to see it first to confirm).

We will then ship back at our cost.

Regards,

Phil

Back
Top Bottom