I'd like reviews on the Aeris AT 400 ION DVT reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stakanak

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to purchase my first reg (very exciting!). The owner and instructors in my LDS all use the Aeris ION regulators. They really back them and I can get a great deal.
I was wondering if anyone has had negative experiences with them or have recommendations for others in the same price range?
Thanks in advance.

Its a nice reg. I had been using the Oceanic EOS (which is almost the same). I have it for sale now if you want to save some money on a gently used reg.

AT400 1st stage = Oceanic CDX-5 1st, which is what I've been using on my doubles for the past year or so. No complaints, breathes great at any depth, temp. I also own an Aeris Atmos sport (discontinued), another great reg.
You won't be disappointed with any Aeris or Oceanic diaphragm reg you get, however, you may experience buyers remorse when you realize that you could have bought another great-performing reg at a much lower price, but without 'cool' brand name.

Go With the name brand, especially Aeris. They cover the parts when you will have the regulator serviced. You dont want to buy not a name brand reg. Aeris is assembled in the US and they own their own plant in Taiwan. Scuba Max has a second hand company that makes similar parts for similar regs, but hey, Its only Life Support right. You want to buy these goods that are going to perform well for you and you only wanna buy it once, so why go cheap and have to buy things twice. Just my thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom