Identifying My Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver Darren

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, I have recently purchased a digital Sea & Sea camera and strobe and are having a ball taking pictures. Also I started my own website so people can view them, the problem I have is that I don't Know what anything is called. Can you help me please. My web address is shown here where you can view my pictures and my Email address is on my websit. All pictures are in the Swan River Perth W.A.:huh:

There are a few good books you should lay hands on:

Coral Reef Animals of the Indo-Pacific by Gosliner, Behrens & Wiliams
Marine Fishes ... there are a couple of these, one for more northerly areas than Perth but with some overlap and one more for the southern area of the state. Western Australian Museum
Sea Fishes of Australia by Kuiter is also pretty good to get you in the right family, but as it covers the whole of Australia you may have to dig a bit deeper to find an exact match
...and you'll likely need a nudibranch book. There are a couple of good ones out there. And www.seaslugforum.net is an awesome site.

everything seemed to have a name on it already except the anemones? Of these the thin white tentacled ones and the purple ones are Cerianthus or a related genus and the red weird one is a sea apple, a type of cucumber.

Back
Top Bottom