If backplate/wing systems are so good, why do people sell them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the Mod's changed the name of the thread, and it's not the I would have posted the question. I like the majority of the responses though, and I feel that they are right when they say that BP/W's are bought and sold by people that are more interested in the sport and always looking for newer and better equipment. Thanks for the responses.

Nereus,

Apologies for goofing on your thread. But, hey, with only 16 posts you have a "hot" thread that is pushing 50 posts and a mod smackdown. :D

Hell yeah!
Well done, Nereus!:cheers:

Nereus,

Apologies for goofing on your thread. But, hey, with only 16 posts you have a "hot" thread that is pushing 50 posts and a mod smackdown. :D
Only because half the responders thought he was Nereas and wanted to get in on the train wreck early. :wink:

I haven't checked back into this thread since page 1. It was a little dry and boring back then. Wow did that change. Thanks for the giggle to everyone.

Not sure you understand what you are talking about...........I'd say I'm miles ahead of the jacket BC population that will never be able to dive doubles.

Speaking of not understanding what you are talking about, both of the jacket bc's I listed from Scubapro can easily be fitted to dive doubles and folks have been diving doubles with them for years. But you're not the first person to say something like this and probably won't be the last.

Speaking of not understanding what you are talking about, both of the jacket bc's I listed from Scubapro can easily be fitted to dive doubles and folks have been diving doubles with them for years. But you're not the first person to say something like this and probably won't be the last.

Yeah,

And of all the dive boats and tech charters I've been on, I've seen zero people diving doubles with a jacket BC. That speaks volumes. Because you can shouldn't mean you should.....

Doubles have a lot of mass. A rigid plate and a harness that can't slip helps keep them solidly in place throughout all the phases of diving -- walking on land, floating on the surface, and while diving. A BC that relies on adjustable straps and fabric to keep tanks in place is not likely to be able to stabilize them as well, but I have to say that I am speaking entirely from experience with a single tank, where no fabric BC that I've seen has done anywhere near as good a job of keeping the tank centered as our backplate systems do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom