If money was no object... where would YOU go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sorry to say, Vietnam has lousy viz and not much marine life as it has been dynamite fished.

I wish I could dive the Nicobar Islands. They are a protectorate of India, but they have a Chinese nuclear sub base on them and the northern islands off limits to everyone due to the tribe who have never seen any other human life.

I had a boss when I was in Thailand who sailed passed there and had to stop due to an engine leak and after 20 minutes was warned off by an Indian naval vessel trying to protect this tribe.

Aparently there is a sunken galleon with gold in them thar parts!

I guess that is why there is not much advertisment for diving there.

Well there are plenty of other places in the world to which I will never be able to afford to travel. I'll just have to pick another.

...if money was no object, I would buy a house on a Maldives island (before they disappear. Oh and I would have to buy the island as well), and go diving every day for the rest of my life :)

But then again, maybe I could build another house in Tahiti, and another in Yap, and.... :jester: buy a private jet to get from one to the other :mean:

oops, I think I was dreaming :rolleyes:

What kind of a question is that??? Money IS an object ;-0

If money were no object, where would I go? :confused:
I would have to say Palau.

Wendy once bubbled...
That lake full of moon jellies.

Wendy
Jelly fish lake just for you

The frozen moon of Jupiter, they just discovered water under all that ice, and the suspec that life must live in that water.

They are now developing a craft to bore a hole through 20 miles of ice and then travel through the water collecting samples.

i figure i could do a quick dive while they are there, they seem to think there is some problem with pressures at that depth.

so if money is not an issue, i am in

Natasha
Here is another one just for you

Blue Corner, Palau

Hooked in with a reef hook, watching the sharks go by

I have always fancied St Kilda way off the west coast of bonnie Scotland.

Not sure if I would put it as my one place though - very possibly if I was told I could have one more holiday I might choose it though. I hear the visibility is rather on the long side, being in the middle of the atlantic and all, and also that you get to see bigh fish out there if you are lucky, like Orca.

Cold, rough and remote though......so it wouyld habve to be a very nice boat indeed, and a trip that lasted a good month at least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom