If money was no object... where would YOU go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't get to do more than snorkel in a wet suit last time I was there.

Want to be able to dive and really see what is there.

Earth! All of it. Reportedly, its the world's biggest divesite. :D

If you want to narrow it down a bit, I've been holding off on the tropical pacific in hopes that my wife reconsider diving...for her, a beach is a beach is a beach.

The Galapagos were amazing...I'd love to go back, but part of the reason why was because it was relatively coldwater. If I'm going to pick just one place, its going to be someplace with cozy-warm water that I can just gently drift around in clear, blue waters, the pure relaxation that comes from easy diving, while being awed by over-the-top geological formations, and flooded by an outrageous biodiversity of critters and reef life.

So where is this place? I can't say for sure. Maybe Palau cuts it, or maybe PNG. I do think that it will be somewhere within that general region, as that's the "epicenter" of biodiversity.

But overall, I find that its not the money that's preventing such a trip - - its the time.

To do a more exotic trip right, you'll want to spend at least two weeks there. Plus you'll probably burn through another 4 days (2 days each way) to go there. As such, you're looking at roughly 3 weeks off from work to do the trip full justice, and that chunk of time is always going to be a factor for working stiffs with jobs, even if someone else pays the $10-20K for the trip. About the only way that it doesn't is if we assume "Lottery" scale cash, for which its $20K for the trip, and then 20 years at $75K/year to replace the job you quit because they wouldn't let you take 3 consecutive weeks off :)

-hh

Palau, Bikini Atoll and Cocos Islands in that order.

Back to Pohnpei, Micronesia without a doubt. Most amazing place I've dived so far, including the Red Sea and Palau. Pristine hard and soft corals, huge schools of fishes, and lots and lots of pelagics.
Wicked.

I'd have to take the scenic quarry tour of Ohio! No, wait, I already do that, so I guess the Great Barrier Reef, and hopefully one day money will not be an object!:D

Lakshawdweep, Indian Ocean.

I've been to the Maldives, and Lakshadweep north of the Maldives would be like the Maldives without the people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom