If Timex is going to release a diver inspired watch...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It should probably be water resistant to greater than 50 meters. I like the look, but wouldn't buy it just because of the depth rating.

Screenshot_20200603-135514.png

I can no longer think of dive watches, without flashing on an old 1990s campaign for the Citizen Promaster. There were a few of them, all involving some greasy dude(s) and girls in bikinis, in a hot tub . . .

For the divers that exceed 50 meters, this would not be a great choice. However they have addressed the depth needs for the majority of recreational divers.

For the divers that exceed 50 meters, this would not be a great choice. However they have addressed the depth needs for the majority of recreational divers.

you would think that, but unfortunately that is not how watch ratings work.

Water Resistant mark - Wikipedia

Basically, even for recreational scuba diving you want to look for a 200m rating.

I have learned to want the crown around 4:30 on the case or forget it.....

even for non-dive watches.

YMMV

I miss the old tv add with the watch strapped to an outboard on a Zodiac and run through waves....

There is no luminous dot on the second hand. It is not a true divers watch.

(and the dot should be large and not like the one on Apeks 200m and other similar watches)
(they probably all come from the same factory - just branded differently)

"diver inspired watch" ...tells a lot.
Not actual but inspired.
Not a tool but marketing hype.

dive watches are very popular just for the look. 99.9% of them will not see water deeper than a swimming pool. timex knows the market and actual divers are not it.

sidenote, why bother getting a quartz watch when your phone works just as well? mechanical with skeleton back or don't bother

Just get a proper ISO certified dive watch.
it doesn't matter if it's 50, 100 or 1000m.

the ISO certification is what you're after.

This is what I use.
IMG_20191128_140424.jpg

On the other hand, Ive dove with a Casio Pro Trek which is a 100m non ISO watch w/o any problems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom