If you are looking for an excellent dive operation and dive master read this..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See if this dive op/accommodation meets your needs

aldora.com

aldoravilla.com

I am looking for a hotel map so you can see where things are. You may prefer to be "in town" for the dining ease. You do have beaucoup options.

I noticed no one answered your question about how busy it is that time of year. The Ironman is held on 11/25 and from what I have seen is sold out. We have been on the island for the last 2 years during Thanksgiving and Ironman and it is busy and will be there again this year. Depending where you want to stay you should get that booked asap as some places are already sold out. The island is busy a few days befor the Ironman and a few days after but it's a cool vibe and the race is fun to watch. Have a great time!

I previously dived alot but its been 4 years since i have been diving. Firstly, I feel I need to do a few beach dives to get myself comfortable again.
Whichever dive Op you select can probably assist you with that, and - it'd be a good idea to hire a private DM to go with you on the first one. I've been driving cars since I was 12, but if I hadn't driven one in 4 years - it might not all come back to me immediately.

I suppose you will be renting most of your gear? That's another issue to discuss with your dive op, but bring your own SMB as they are not supplied.

I went over TG once, but with a local dive shop group and we used an all inclusive - hated that. Your guest house idea should be nicer and I don't think it'll be all that crowded. Some Americans will travel over the holiday time, but that one is more of a homecoming event I think.

Have a nice trip. :pilot:

Hi thanks for your reply, I agree, I will certainly need to take it easy as I get familiar with the water, and its encouraging that I can hire a tank at the beach, as I don t want to be jumping off a boat into the deep end, after 4 years of not diving...I will start looking at all the information you provided.

Thanks

I'd rather see you go off a boat with a private DM than go off the beach alone. Have a good trip.

I'd rather see you go off a boat with a private DM than go off the beach alone. Have a good trip.
If he goes to Blue Angel, another option is to do a shore dive with Matteo or another of their instructors.

He can also do a refresher in a pool at home.

Will Chucho Nunez pick up at Safai Inn?

See if this dive op/accommodation meets your needs
aldora.com
aldoravilla.com

I have had four trips to Cozumel, and the last three were with Aldora. They are a great dive operation with very knowledgeable DM's and NO cattle boats!! I have stayed at the Villa the last two times. The rooms are nice and the help is always helpful. You don't have to worry about any of your stuff going missing. The Villa is just outside of town to the north, but still an easy walk in. If you go to the store at the south edge of town for groceries, I would recommend a taxi back. The Villa has a BBQ at your disposal and most of the rooms have full kitchens as well. Of course, they're some very good restaurants in town to. Bruce

Back
Top Bottom