If you could only have one tank, what would it be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like my steel HP 120s for both single tank dives and sidemounted for deeper/tech dives.

Any guesses as to why the Faber FX100 would outweigh the Faber HP100? It's splitting hairs, but interesting.
The Faber HP100 is a 3AA tank with a service pressure of 3180 psi. With a 10% over fill it has a pressure of 3498 psi - or essentially 3500 psi. But it is made to 3AA standards. If you look at the buoyancy traits you'll also note it is a bit of a boat anchor due to the thicker tank walls needed for that length, diameter and service pressure under that standard compared to a special permit tank.

I have a steel LP 120 +, plenty of air and since its LP never a worry about getting a good fill. Also, buy used off of Craigslist and save a ton of money.

How do I get the dive shop to fill my HP 80s up? They refuse to go past 3,000 even though they're rated at 3400.
My husband's LP 85 tank, they will only go to 2400, and won't add the 10%, even though it has a + on a hydro last month?
This is my LDS and even the instructors there don't seem to get it.

Tracy, I'd try another shop...all the better if they are a little TEK oriented because they will get it.
Thanks! I don't think there's a tek oriented shop anywhere close.
One of the other shops, I asked to see drysuit undergarments and was shown Lycra skins!

How do I get the dive shop to fill my HP 80s up? They refuse to go past 3,000 even though they're rated at 3400.
My husband's LP 85 tank, they will only go to 2400, and won't add the 10%, even though it has a + on a hydro last month?
This is my LDS and even the instructors there don't seem to get it.

Some shops have their rules and that's what they do, period. Their rules are more important than filling a tank to 3400. So if you want a better fill go elsewhere. I have seen shops that fill AL80's to 3400psi.

I can respect a shop that sticks to their rules. Most do.

Some shops have their rules and that's what they do, period. Their rules are more important than filling a tank to 3400. So if you want a better fill go elsewhere. I have seen shops that fill AL80's to 3400psi.

I can respect a shop that sticks to their rules. Most do.

I can respect a shop that sticks to their rules too, but their rules should be reasonable and not filling a tank to its rated capacity is a little unreasonable.

Could it be that 3000psi is the most their compressor can handle?

Back
Top Bottom