If you were buying a new drysuit today, which one would you buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Bare XCD2 that I dive up here in Dutch Harbor, Alaska. I love it... definitely +1 for neoprene dry suits in very cold water. Water temperature is in the mid 30s right now and we're in our peak diving season!

If I lived somewhere with warmer water temps, I'd probably dive a trilaminate suit to save weight on the waist.

-B
Maybe it is just be B, but I found that the Tri-Lam folks here in Estonia wear just as much or more weight as me (neoprene) due to the buoyancy of their undergarments. I'm with you for very cold, give me neoprene! otherwise, I do like'em Tri-Lam or as discussed, the Fusion.

How many dives you reckon you have on your TLS350?

Probably between 500 and 600 ... with three suits it's tough to keep track.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:D
I have seen some here that look like they are on their last legs, but they keep hitting the water with them!
Amazing suits.

Yes, the trick to the Fusion is to put it on like pantyhose. It IS significantly easier with lighter undergarments, and the inner bag gets a little tacky over time -- spraying it with dry lubricant like SailKote can apparently help, although I haven't figured out how much to put on yet.

Here's another vote for the Fusion (after my virgin dive today in 43 degree water). I think it's really easy to get into, the range of motion is incredible, air management and venting a snap. I've owned two other suits (a Whites bilam and a Whites Polar Flex and by far this is the best). Just a great new concept in diving dry.

One of the great things about the fusion is that it is EASY to turn inside out and clean the interior of the suit. Personally I like a little talc to keep things smooth :wink:
So THAT'S what you have in your hand in your avatar! :rofl3:

I'd buy a DUI CF 200. I have a I currently own a TLS 350 and CLX 450, and can't say enough good about them.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:D
I have seen some here that look like they are on their last legs, but they keep hitting the water with them!
Amazing suits.

I was on a charter this summer with a guy who had a brand new TLS350 and said that he just bought it to replace his last 350 that had over 1000 dives on it. He said that the old one is still in diving condition just looked like hell, but he kept it for a backup....

They will last a long time if take care of..

Phil

As an alternative to the DUI suits you might want to look at Divings Concepts. Very similar designs and materials at a significantly lower price.

I originally had their compressed neoprene suit (but put on few pounds) and then switched over to their Tri-lame. I actually liked the neoprene suit a bit more as it was warmer and certainly had less drag in the water. Most people that see these suits are surprised at the quality level and value. On the down side no so many shops carry this brand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom