Ikelite PRO-2800 LED Video Lite ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

umberth

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
anyone of you thinking about getting it ? or already have ? maybe with WP-V2 ? :D
what do you all think about it anyway ?

ikelite.com/web_pages/vpro2800.html

Does anybody else have real underwater world experiences with this lights?
They look nice and small, but i have some problems to belive that they are enough powerful for professional applications.

Thanks!

Chris

Key question for anyone looking to buy lights: how do plan on using the lights and what do you expect your footage to look like ?

Daytime, night time, wide angle, macro, shallow, deep, etc.. Have you seen some underwater video footage that you want your footage to look like ?

My buddy has 2 35W HID video lights and would change them because of weights issues. He os professional camera man and need good lights for almost all conditions as he is doing his videos also for television productions.
The Ikelites look nice but i guess that they will work reasonable only in low light conditions.

Chris

A single 35 watt HID will be slightly brighter than the Ikelite. Most 35 watt HID's are rated for 3000-3200 lumens.

The color temp of HID and LED is comparable, so if you want to compare brightness of an LED vs HID light, compare the lumen rating and beam angle. Smaller beam angle will look brighter, but you generally want wide beam angle for video. If the beam angle BTW the 2 lights is close, compare the lumen ratings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom