Ikelite S100 housing trouble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mermoose

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had issues with the power on button on the ikelite housing for the S100. I am a noob and just did my first dives using this setup. The power on button seems to be getting water in in and sticking. We tried some lubricant on it, but it still sticks. There is no water getting thru the housing, but it sticks bad enough that I have missed several shots.
I would love to have had the fisheye housing, but,"a day late and dollar short". So,,anyone else ever have this issue ? Solutions ??:acclaim:

Ikelite is real good about fixing issues like this, contact them. I would also expect them to show up here as they do care about their products.

It is an issue however you should never power off the camera in water anyway. So put it inside on and set to never power off job done

I agree that the camera should stay powered up because it never fails that the camera is off as the Marlin swims by 10 feet away, but the button still should not leak.

Button seems to stick but not leak. I would check with ikelite if it can be maintained without setting the housing back. Or try first with a long soak in deionised water followed by pushing that button 50 times to see if it improves

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom