Illinois divers, check in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrmcw:
I love in Aurora (Naperville side) and I getting my wreck certification 7/24 and 7/25. My hubby is not willing to spend the money beyond his open water, so I am on my own without a buddy for wreck diving.

Any advice on good places to wreck dive is appreciated. I would love to get out on lake Michigan. What type of exposure suit is recommended. I use a 7mm. Some diver's recommend going dry. Any thoughts.

If anyone is looking for some one to dive with, even if it is Haigh's let me know.

Having made the mistake of buying a 7mm wetsuit (semi-dry) and then switch to a drysuit. I would recommend you go straight to a drysuit and don't waste your money on a wetsuit.

I've been diving in Lake Michigan almost every weekend this since late spring. It's been OK with my 7mm Henderson semi-dry, but I can't say I've been warm.

As far as advice for Lake Michigan... unless you know someone with a boat who also dives (fortunately I do), your only option is to go with a charter. This will cost you about $60 a pop, but I recommend you try it at least a couple times this summer. The surface water temp was up to 69F last weekend. I dove the Wisconsin last weekend, and it was in the low 40's at 125'

bradb21:
Having made the mistake of buying a 7mm wetsuit (semi-dry) and then switch to a drysuit. I would recommend you go straight to a drysuit and don't waste your money on a wetsuit.
For sure. I took me a while, too, but it's the best $$$ I've ever spent.

abnjm:
In a wetsuit? OUCH! Where were you diving?
Illinois diver right hear, although I have only been to haigh for the checkout dive.

I'm going to the Cayman Islands next summer and I want to get certified before I go. There must be some place I can go in Bloomington or Normal. Any recommendations? Thanks.

How is Mermet springs? Saw it on a list of places not too far from us and looked interesting.

smartindale:
How is Mermet springs? Saw it on a list of places not too far from us and looked interesting.
As quarrys go, it's the best.

Orland Park, IL.

Wife & I did PADI course through Scuba Emporium.

Just got cert'd in Cancun last weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom